Centerpin Fishing

Markie

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got a leeds and it runs nicely...Better than my Purist :angry:

Stick with the Purist and it'll loosen up nicely. Mine was an excellent reel to start with but sometimes you had to set the spool spinning. Now, 3 years later, it's incredibly free-running and practical to use with floats taking a BB or less in slow flows.

Dave

Agree - my Purist was a much better reel - thing is I found it a little heavy - wrist used to really ache after a whole day on the Itchen and the like. Now use a Witcher or a Chris Lythe (I know - I'm a total TART!) - much lighter reels and I don't get RSI any more!

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

The weight of the Purist has never been an issue with me Chris although that might be because it balances out my 17' Daiwa Harrier Z nicely. I envy you the Lythe though. Beautiful reels.

Dave

Jim I can cast as far as I need with a pin so have never actually used one of the devices mentioned.As such cant really comment.

Mr M re Leeds reels.Mines fine other than a very annoying habit of the centre screw working loose.I have heard others sat theirs are poor though.They do seem to vary a lot.Andrew recently brought an Okuma so might be interested in selling his Leeds (only used once I think?)

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Actually three times Budgie and yes you are right that I am thinking of selling it, and in mint condition as well and no Budgie you ain't going to get a commission out of it!

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/