One for the olduns

ayjay

Some old cars found in the wilds of Norfolk by someone on Birdforum.

Can anyone identify the models? I thought I'd be able to but I've got to admit I'm stuck, apart from what I think is a Humber.

oldcar5Custom.jpg

oldcar4Custom.jpg

oldcar3Custom.jpg

oldcar2.jpg

oldcar1.jpg

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am no expert, but will stick my neck out and suggest the larger car is a Humber Super Snipe - one of the first (if not THE first) British car to have dual headlights.

The smaller car looks like a Daimler Century.

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

I'm no expert ayjay but apart from the Humber, I think one is a Wolsey 4/44 circia mid 1950s, the other looks like a Riley from the same period.

But as I say I could be wrong. :D

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

get practical classics every month and you will see many ,the pages are called "rust in peace" :D

i havnt a clue i'm not a car person i know only what i drive cars are just fast legs that wait at the bottom of the garden to carry you somewhere :D

at least the old ones had identities the wind tunnel makes modern cars to me just clones of each other

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Could the third one be an Armstrong Sidley? It's a wonder they used to sell any of them if they painted them all in that green colour.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

Could the third one be an Armstrong Sidley?

I thought it probably was, but I've not found a convincing matching image on google so far, the configuration of the doors is good for an AS though.

This one is close but it's not a match, there do seem to have been a lot of different models.

looking at the grille and head lamps i would recon picture 3 could be a Daimler circa 1945 to 1955 possibly a Daimler consort,

picture 4 is a Humber super snipe series 3 circa 1960s picture 1 i think is a Daimler century the grille looks very like the grille in picture 5

Edited by peterpikefisher

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif

I know somebody who would be interested in those! What's the story behind them?

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE