Huge perch

Kappa

I was wondering just how common huge perch are amongst our members.

It seems to me that 3lb fish are fairly common and I know a few on here have had 4s. Has anyone ever had a 4.5lb or a 5?

I wonder if a 5lber is a dream too far....

Rich

4.08 is my best, but that was over 20 years ago when such a fish made headlines. In those days the species was recovering from perch disease and there were very few big ones about.

• Like 1

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Think 3s are possible for most with a bit of research but 4s a harder proposition by far ....depends how hard someone wants one I guess

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

I think 3s are achievable for most people, having said that I haven't had 3s from many places! I've had one that snuck over the 4lb barrier, which meant that funnily enough I still haven't had a 3 from the Thames!

I have had very few perch over 3.08.

• Like 1

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

I was wondering just how common huge perch are amongst our members.

It seems to me that 3lb fish are fairly common and I know a few on here have had 4s. Has anyone ever had a 4.5lb or a 5?

I wonder if a 5lber is a dream too far....

Rich

Rich,

I think that 4s are still the Dream of most Perch fishermen and 3s are the mark that many of us aspire to ?

Having fished the Lea Valley all my life and a lifelong Perch fisherman I have only caught two 4lb Perch.

I have seen bigger, in fact I fished out a Perch from a Lea Valley Pit just over 5lbs, which was in it's last throws of life, I saw an enormous Perch in the Coppermill stream, I guess it was closer to 5.8 but it was full of spawn and a massive Perch swam under my Barbel rods one day at Fishers Green and just sat there, I dared not move a muscle.

So they are about, but very rare.

Bob

Edited by BobH
  • Like 1