In_A_Spin.jpg

Gravity

Exposure Time = 1/3"

F Number = F8

Exposure Program = Manual

ISO Speed Ratings = 100

Gravity.jpg

Steve...:)

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

Some great shots as Phil said. Personally I was a bit stuck for ideas. Really enjoying these challenges :) I will have a go at the lines one outside the comp and post it up after the winner is picked. Cannot sit on the sidelines twiddling my thumbs just cos I am not eligible :sun:

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Call me pedantic, disqualify pics, OK, but where is the the 'date and camera' on the entry 'Gravity'??? Andy, did at least, put the date on, obviusly not understanding the 'date limitation'.

Quote:-

Your posts must include the following information:

Title:

Date Taken:

Camera Used:

Camera Settings

ISO

Shutter Speed

Aperture

or the Camera shooting mode used (Landscape, Macro etc etc)

I was under the impression this was part of the rules for the photographer to display details as required by the rules??? 'Exif check' shows it as OK, but are we only going to display requirements when it suits us? Or do we all run an Exif check program :(

In fact there appear to be others that do not fully adhered to the rule on details posted?

I have problems with the ISO requirement, not available on the basic 'Exif' detail offered by my Canon S50. Just looked at it in detail with the 'Exif check' program and the ISO is there, but what a 'fag'?

Level playing field and all that? . . . Perhaps its me, I get things a bit screwy these days. As I say, 'pedantic'?? :blink:

CJS2

Edited by CJS2

Title: 1,2,3...Jump!

Date: 17th October

Time: 11.15am

Camera: Casio Exlim Digital 7.2 mega pixels

post-4843-1163497633_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

Simon

EDIT: This was taken on 24th October, not the 17th. I knew it was a Tuesday but got the wrong week - as mentioned on the 'kids' post my wife took it so I am entering it on her behalf. If need be I can prove that I was at work on 17th, and not on holiday in cornwall with my family, and that we were on 24th. My lack of posts on the fishing and non-fishing forums should mirror that. Cheers, waffle over! Simon

Edited by BoozleBear

www.myspace.com/boozlebear

Andy, did at least, put the date on, obviusly not understanding the 'date limitation'.

Yes I grant you he did put the date on, unfortunately it was a fabricated one, check the posting then check with an exif viewer

It does show that I am human, I forgot, its as simple as that as I was in a rush (note the time posted). The main emphasis is on the challenge itself and being challenged within the time frame of the open period. I maintain it was a correct decision by me to disqualify the entry as I did. I overlook little indiscretions all the time and if I had posted it in good time there would have been every chance of my entry being corected.

As many of you know, I spend a lot of time pm'ing people to have their entries corrected, and/or help them with that.

Edited by Steve Randles

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

It does show that I am human, I forgot, its as simple as that as I was in a rush (note the time posted). The main emphasis is on the challenge itself and being challenged within the time frame of the open period. I maintain it was a correct decision by me to disqualify the entry as I did. I overlook little indiscretions all the time and if I had posted it in good time there would have been every chance of my entry being corected.

As many of you know, I spend a lot of time pm'ing people to have their entries corrected, and/or help them with that.

Steve, I can sometimes be a 'pedantic grumpy old $0D' the worst kind :lol: The pic by Andy was justifiably disqualified, Andy posting it in 'innocence' and misunderstanding, including the date in the details!

I understand the time factor, I only posted one pic., no time for more in the period.

Its simply that things appear to be getting sloppy? Or should that be relaxed B):unsure:

CJS2 Cliff

Its simply that things appear to be getting sloppy? Or should that be relaxed B):unsure:

CJS2 Cliff

Not at all, far from it in fact. I check every entry as best I can but I also have to bear in mind that we are not a professional photo forum, we are essentially a collection of anglers who have an interest in photography - and that I feel is the most important thing. We all have varying skill levels and we must not forget that, if you see someone posting incorrectly then please do pm them and help them get it right.

In the past I have resized peoples entries and posted it for them because they may be "tehno-phobes" for want of a better word and just dont have a clue where to start in changing image sizes. I've checked exif details and also added that to the post before now too, along with pm'ing people to let them know what to change or that their photo does not meet the requirements, for example not taken within the time frame.

Focal Planet

Not at all, far from it in fact. I check every entry as best I can but I also have to bear in mind that we are not a professional photo forum, we are essentially a collection of anglers who have an interest in photography - and that I feel is the most important thing. We all have varying skill levels and we must not forget that, if you see someone posting incorrectly then please do pm them and help them get it right.

In the past I have resized peoples entries and posted it for them because they may be "tehno-phobes" for want of a better word and just dont have a clue where to start in changing image sizes. I've checked exif details and also added that to the post before now too, along with pm'ing people to let them know what to change or that their photo does not meet the requirements, for example not taken within the time frame.

Fair enough Steve, not giving credit for how much work you do put in behind the scenes, sorry, and 'thankyou'. Not trying to rattle anyone's cage, least of all yours. . . Relaxed is best . . . as you say, we are not in it for anything except the pleasure, of which I have had my share, plus a deeper apreciation of my photographic efforts.

Cliff