Firefox2

Guest NickInTheNorth

You do realise that DAP contains spyware in both the free and paid versions.

Flashget is miles better and no spyware

didn't know about the spyware on dap , however if you check this link it will tell you about the spyware on Flashget

Flashget spyware

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nick, Sooperb mate, even I understood your instructions, its now like the proverbial off a shovel...well done, and thanks... :D:D:D

Now if you have a look at my query , re DVD's....cheers. :thumbs:

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

If you read the whole topic, it says ADware not SPYware.

I`ve used flashget for years and run weekly adaware and spybot scans and neither of them pick up any spyware related to flashget

yip your correct si i saw the first part of the post and thought i haqd better post up just incase no one knew about it :wallbash:

will give it a try

thanks for putting me in the picture .

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif

Downloaded it this evening and made all Chris's suggestions.

My god !!! What a difference !

Cheers guys, this is way better than IE

Ian

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you"

Thanks Nick,

done as you said and things certainly seems faster.

Re. the dictionary, I get the message "software installation is currently disabled -- Click edit options.....to enable it and try again"

Clicked the edit button but can't find anything about software installation either disabled or enabled??

Help please.

Colin

Right - most of the display errors on my local forum I described earlier simply went away. However all is not well still :

If I view threads on our forums, such as this one, some of the avatar displays are corrupted. Some people with no avatars display for me with someone else's avatar, and some posters have two avatars showing. It's all fine with IE!

How bizarre.

Guest NickInTheNorth

try a "hard refresh" usually ctrl and f5 (press and hold ctrl, then f5 then release both) often fixes wee display glitches in FF some sort of cacheing issue.

That made it display as it was a week or so, i.e. much worse. Look :

forumandFF202.jpg

Most of those option buttons shouldn't be there at all, or are in the wrong place!