Argyll

Barry Kneller

Trevor Salmon, Josie & I went to see Gerry on Saturday and although he was looking none too well, having lost a hellava lot of weight since I saw him last - he was quite confident that he was over the worst & looking to be back home in a few weeks.

Unfortunately, Trevor received a call from him yesterday to let us know the current situation.

It seems that when he had the last operation, a small lump was discovered inside his bowel.

As a matter of course the surgeon took a sample for biopsy - the results show that this lump is malignant, It's treatable (they're gonna try to shrink it) but Gerry's a long way from being out of the wood yet.

Trevor said that he's in good spirits but I'm sure that Gerry would appreciate any visits or phone calls.

Keeping fingers firmly crossed.

Barry

Barry

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sorry to hear about Gerry, gosh I don't know what to say as I did know about the boewel problem but after reading your post about the doctors found a lump.

Please give my regards to Gerry as I do not have his number or address.

I will keep my fingers cross for him and will hope to see him back on the river bank where he belongs!

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

PS. if anyone wants phone or hospital details for Gerry please pm me.

Ta

Barry

Trevor Salmon, Josie & I went to see Gerry on Saturday and although he was looking none too well, having lost a hellava lot of weight since I saw him last - he was quite confident that he was over the worst & looking to be back home in a few weeks.

Unfortunately, Trevor received a call from him yesterday to let us know the current situation.

It seems that when he had the last operation, a small lump was discovered inside his bowel.

As a matter of course the surgeon took a sample for biopsy - the results show that this lump is malignant, It's treatable (they're gonna try to shrink it) but Gerry's a long way from being out of the wood yet.

Trevor said that he's in good spirits but I'm sure that Gerry would appreciate any visits or phone calls.

Keeping fingers firmly crossed.

Barry

Barry

If I can just add to that my own greetings! I had not known about this but as many would sincerely like to see the old bugger back, no sweat!! :P

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

I know that from time to time Gerry logs in from seeing the member names at the bottom of the page so I hope he gets the chance to see this topic before it disappears

Good luck in your health Gerry and keep your spirit up and a positive frame of mind for the weeks to come. I've said it before so i don't mind saying it again, this place works better with you onboard than without your input, so get well soon and best of luck

I sincerely hope everything goes well for Gerry and he makes a rapid recovery.

Gerry if you read this post all the best M8.

Best Wishes

Ian.