Is the Southern Colony Sustainable?

Leon Roskilly

I love living where i do,i love the lifestyle and i love the weather, i dont miss the cold and the snow what so ever.

Mate!!!!!! :headhurt:

I thought South Australia got very cold.........sorry, it's just the people. :clap2: :clap2:

As I said once before, it's only there to keep WA and Vic apart. :P:P

ocker-anim.gifROO.gif

Cheers, Bobj.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i love the weather, i dont miss the cold and the snow what so ever.

The weather is the reason I wouldn't want to live anywhere in Australia, except perhaps in eastern Tasmania. Give me snow anytime over 30 degree heat! As for 40 degrees, yuk!!! :yucky:

Good job we're all different, isn't it?

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

The weather is the reason I wouldn't want to live anywhere in Australia, except perhaps in eastern Tasmania. Give me snow anytime over 30 degree heat! As for 40 degrees, yuk!!! :yucky:

Good job we're all different, isn't it?

Wet, white and weak, hey? :yucky:

Not like big, brown and boofhead. :D :D

Very strange, There is an exodus from the southern states to Qld for that very reason; they want a warmer and better lifestyle which, in turn, contributes to Qld having gross water problems, Brisbane is now on level 5 restrictions.

ocker-anim.gifROO.gif

Cheers, Bobj.

Wet, white and weak, hey? :yucky:

Not like big, brown and boofhead. :D :D

Very strange, There is an exodus from the southern states to Qld for that very reason; they want a warmer and better lifestyle which, in turn, contributes to Qld having gross water problems, Brisbane is now on level 5 restrictions.

Bobj, if you all drank less grog :drunk: there would be water aplenty and to put the record straight we only come up there in winter for the bowls.

That was a great photo of the little sunbird BTW

my mind not only wanders-- sometimes it leaves completely.

Updated 7/3/09

http://sites.google.com/site/pomfred/

Bobj, if you all drank less grog :drunk: there would be water aplenty and to put the record straight we only come up there in winter for the bowls.

That was a great photo of the little sunbird BTW

The Brisbane target for water useage is 140 litres/person/day; unfortunately, they are up around 150 litres.......And the council is losing a million litres/day on old, broken pipes. Nothing to do with grog.....

Bowls in winter??? Too cold down south...hhhmmmmmm ??? ;) ;)

As a matter of fact, it was very cool today. 20 C-24 C, where's my woolies??

ocker-anim.gifROO.gif

Cheers, Bobj.

I just removed 3 posts and edited another one.

IanL & Kleinboet - I don't know what the history with you two is and I really don't care. Please take your differences offline.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/impact...5/18160765.html

Drought 'could affect power generation'

27 May 2007

The Australian government has been urged to inform residents in drought-stricken parts of the country of how the conditions will affect their power supplies.

ABC News reports on May 25th that the Energy Users Association (EUA) wants the government to publish the results of research into how the drought will affect electricity generation nationwide.

Concerns have been raised that the lack of water could affect power systems including hydro-electric generators, leading to possible blackouts across the country as early as next year.

Roman Domanski, spokesman for EUA, said that electricity consumers need to be told where they stand.

He added that since customers are making decisions and buying electricity, they need to have access to the best information that is available.

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Since the South Australian government sold off the electricity to private enterprise we have the most expensive and the worst supply ever.

We are like mushrooms kept in the dark and fed on BS.

my mind not only wanders-- sometimes it leaves completely.

Updated 7/3/09

http://sites.google.com/site/pomfred/

Since the South Australian government sold off the electricity to private enterprise we have the most expensive and the worst supply ever.

We are like mushrooms kept in the dark and fed on BS.

Well, then; come up to sunny Queensland, as there is room enough. And, we do have modern things, like TV and electric trains and lots of air conditioners and.....er..... very few wood heaters. ;) ;)

ocker-anim.gifROO.gif

Cheers, Bobj.

If you want any country in the world to get the, "kiss of death", just ask Leon to write an enviromental assessment of it. :lol: :lol:

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "