Close Season Fishing !

BobH

I had my first trip out this close season and as usual I like to do a bit of pleasure fishing, using my Cane rods and dated fixed spools.

Sitting there minding my own business and firing out maggots, the line suddenly ripped off and I jumped up only to find myself flat on the floor with a tweaked shoulder ?

Still not a blank and a very enjoyable afternoon !!

Bob

post-1161-0-25919700-1426622905_thumb.jpg

A handsome carp, much better than a big gutbucket mirror!

got a wee water local here stuffed with pretty carp like that. Not a fatso in sight. Heaving with tench too.

A handsome carp, much better than a big gutbucket mirror!

got a wee water local here stuffed with pretty carp like that. Not a fatso in sight. Heaving with tench too.

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

I'm out a couple of evenings this week to fish for perch at a local club lake. We think there may be some big fish there but aren't really sure, so it's a bit of a punt - but it'll be all the more exciting for it :)

I tidied up the tackle shed yesterday so am now feeling nice and organised. It's always nice to get all the bread and mud cleaned away and look forward to the new season :) I learned 2 important things as I sorted all the gear out - 1. I now have far too many rods and 2. DON'T LEAVE 4 PINTS OF MAGGOTS IN BAIT TUBS FOR MANY MONTHS (or if you do, don't open them).

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Nice one Bob :).

I won't be doin' any fishing, i've got the worst bought of flu i've ever had in me life....I actually thought I was gonn'a pop me cloggs last night ! Temp is up and down between 100 and 104.5 so very uncomfortable, throat and chest feel like i've just guzzled a pint of boilin' water.

I always wonder why the close season lot (that do not fish waters that can be fished) put up with paying 25% more for their licence?

Its my busy time of the year a lot of our waters are no open so theres less places to fish so stockbridge gets some anglers using it ,the good thing is unless they understand how to fish it they only come once

Strange thing with modern angling some anglers expect to catch fish all day after handing over their money

You can see why commercials are popular

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson