Close Season Fishing !

BobH

All,

Guecss I'll have to consider getting a camera (to be politically correct).

I think keeping precise records is an English thing that I greatly admire.

Phone

Get one with gps then you can impress others with where it actually was

I am a record freak i log everything i think i need logging but for myself not because i can ,showing others is giving knowledge away that could be used against you like the silly people on youtube that deliberately speed or do other unlawful things then broadcast it LOL

keeping records is good i remember everything bad done against me and revenge is sweet

Unfortunately the world is now full of "needy" people who desire some sort of acknowledgement to achieve something in their minds ,i blame the media and celebrity on our kids

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I dont take pictures to of me or my family ! If i did i certainly wouldnt put them online

Saying that my bloody hard drive is full of them as my mrs does take pictures of others ,she needs them i suppose but thats her choice i dont impose my rules on her

You may see a chesters1 hand on my vid but its not there to impress ,show off or because i cannot remember what my hand looks like

Chesters, you seem to be upset about something m8....chill a little, people like lookin' at pic's.

Just for reference Chesters, you can look through all the pic's i've ever posted and I never show any recognisable swims or venues and I never name any of the places I fish ( imo i'd be a fool to myself to do so ), infact most of my pic's are of a fish lying next to a rod and reel on the floor.

Its the places that interest me the fish are just fish.

I rarely get upset i just annoy others by not agreeing with their point of view ,unfortunately i only have my point of view and its always the right one

Unfortunately every trophy shot is ammunition for those that dislike angling ,print them out and pass them about in darkened rooms or ask who wants to see them and give them a dropbox link

Ps pictures of naked wifes or girlfriends is fine

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Chesters1,

I agree with tigger - must be your time of the month.

The number of secret venues in America could be counted on one hand. Minnesota alone is "the land of 10,000 lakes". There are no fewer than 100 angling shows on the telly. You seem to dismisses ego as being of no positive use yet nothing exceptional could ever happen without it

"Showing off" is teaching someone to tie knots, make a rig, and motivate with photos of what can be accomplished. I especially like photos for reminiscing.

What I DON'T do is - “I don't use big words to show off because it's ostentatious.”

Phone

(Perhaps the most egotistical poster on AN. I have the patents to prove it.)

• Like 1

Worldwide patents or just the americas?

Showing (the off is used in other contexts) is simply explaining using vision on how to tie knots LOL

Showing a fish explains little bar its a fish

Reminiscing is ok but only to yourself as i could be a different version to others and cause fights .

Best just keep it to yourself and stay safe

The thing i cannot fathom though is the need to impress others

Edited by chesters1

I've heard it all before, usually from people who cannot catch any thing worth photographing !!

And only interested in spoiling threads for their own ends.

Bob

Tut tut Bob, here you go again, putting 'lesser mortals' down. Why do feel you have to do that?

We've all seen and admired your impressive list of angling achievements. There's no need to try and belittle others for not matching them.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Chesters, I think your simply on a misson here...to annoy others.

Maybe it would be for the best if you go back to the none fishing chat where you usually lurk, it's pretty obvious your not interested in fishing..

I find it strange i am the only one to answer a post from afar which contains both fish and locations including persons so its not "fish" but 'my' fish .

Me me me or mine mine mine or daddy look what i did

I have no problem showing where i fish but perhaps its to humble for the experts?

as a youth i fished the south and have some very interesting lakes to fish now but i dont need to show my certificate of worthiness by posting pictures of fish i never could find a reason to take, keeping the fish out of the water even for a short time ,to me fish are fish its the act of fishing thats the good bit , i mostly blank because i dont need the act of catching just the pleasure of sitting on the bank ,i have caught some fine fish but only have pictures of two but i dont need to remind myself of the past or show it to others .

I rarely go fishing anymore due to the time i have looking after my mrs but i got a half hour of spinning for a certain perch while bailiffing but no pictures its extremely hard to take one of something you didnt catch or more importantly didnt expect to catch ,i will leave the pictures to the needy

Ps i dont have any mates to catch me posing with my trophy either LOL

Edited by chesters1

Chesters, how often do you see me in a pic with a fish ?....one or two at most and that's because I do most of my fishing on my own.

I only have a few friends and they all hate me LOL.

Huh i hate me more

Its not pictures but "close season fishing" mind you pictures of fish on ground will get you a bollicking from my club so probably wise to avoid to much detail LOL

To me (and others will differ) pictures of fish are like listening to other people talk about their dreams ,but pictures of actual fishing far more entertaining

If i wasnt interested in fishing i would happily leave bailiffing to others ,having to continually remind "caring" anglers their mistreating the things they "love" ,fish ,the enviroment they **** and drop litter in and all the rest of bad habits i notice ,ofcourse as i hate fishing so much i dont go down 6 days a week in all weathers to listen to whining gits ,who continually complain about everything and for nothing more than a permit i rarely use

If "annoying" others is not always following their point of view ,not sucking up to them ,telling them how great they are or not suffering fools gladly then i am guilty as hell

But when the AT enforcement tosser spots the heading the gestapo will be out to close the joint down ,its like having a heading "look chaps this gaff works great " it will entice the anti lot to look

A quick google will bring up the phrase and xespite it being more or less innocent the anti lot will twist it until close season fishing is encouraged despite it being perfectly legal (in most respects) if the AT get it wrong we have no chance

of being right

Perhaps fishing in what was the old close season would be better ,i for one find it the best time to fish ,i would post pictures but people might think me needy?

Edited by chesters1