Might make you reconsider - Guns

Newt

So if I've got thios right, gun ownership is legal in Switzerland(and has been forever), and the Swiss are a peace loving country :blink: But from what I've read, some people seem to believe, guns=crime/murder..............

Making the most of it

Chi dorme non piglia pesci

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So if I've got thios right, gun ownership is legal in Switzerland(and has been forever), and the Swiss are a peace loving country :blink: But from what I've read, some people seem to believe, guns=crime/murder..............

Yep, especially if your a Brazilian.

If you rammed the stick of rhubarb down some persons throat and killied them would the rhubarb get arrested?

Get my point? :huh:

You'll be telling me next that alcohol doesn't make people drunk. :blink:

Guest Ferret1959
You'll be telling me next that alcohol doesn't make people drunk. :blink:

It doesn't but a person drinking it could get drunk.

Bit like a gun won't kill anyone unless some person kindly pulls the trigger. :schmoll:

So therefore proving my statement 'guns don't kill people'.

People kill with guns.

Guns don't just jump up and kill on their own now do they?

Or do you know differant. :thumbs:

Let's change tack here just for a minute. A country's crime rate statistics is only as good as the police deterrent is.

In this country it is NON- EXISTANT!! Now I'm not blaming the police for this - the blame must come fair and square on the judiciary. Kill somebody and you get "LIFE" (15 years) and you are paroled after 8

Kill somebody with a car you have just stolen (and you are banned from driving and "high" on drugs) and you get 6 months in jail and are told you can leave the court because your "remand" was enough prison time!!

What it needs is tougher jails and longer sentences and I GUARANTEE you that the jails won't be so full!!

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

What it needs is tougher jails and longer sentences and I GUARANTEE you that the jails won't be so full!!

Is the USA's judiciary system just as liberal as the UK? No? So why do they have a higher proportion of their citizens in jail than anywhere else in the world, including China?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/2925973.stm

Is the USA's judiciary system just as liberal as the UK? No? So why do they have a higher proportion of their citizens in jail than anywhere else in the world, including China?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/2925973.stm

Because they lock their criminals up rather than letting them out on the street as is the case in the UK.

in a country where life actually means life they are liable to have a few people in prison.

I like sheriff joe arpaios idea, make prison a real punishment and sentences longer and at first you will have more people in prison but as time goes on your unlikely to get many repeat offenders. I bet the good sheriff doesn't see too many people twice.

Because they lock their criminals up rather than letting them out on the street as is the case in the UK.

Exactly. So tougher sentencing and longer sentences can hardly result in fewer people in jail, as Kleinboet was claiming, can it? :rolleyes:

Unless you sentence every criminal to prison for the rest of their natural lives, of course. I agree that woul dtend to cut down on repeat offending.

Exactly. So tougher sentencing and longer sentences can hardly result in fewer people in jail, as Kleinboet was claiming, can it? :rolleyes:

Unless you sentence every criminal to prison for the rest of their natural lives, of course. I agree that woul dtend to cut down on repeat offending.

Well america does have the three strikes and your out rule so that may have also have helped fill the prisons and those repeat offenders won't be doing so again.I would still be interested to see the figures on repeat offenders in sheriff arpaio's locality as i think kleinboet has a point that if jail is a really unpleasent and harsh environment you are unlikely to get petty criminals returning for a second term apart from the real headcases and you could follow the three strikes rule in their case.