Minus one times minus one equals one?

The Flying Tench

Sorry for the doublepost!

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The way i see it, you have [1*(x+y vicars)]+(pet shop)+(owner)+[parrot+(2*z)]; x and y being unknown variables, and z being strings of unknown length attached to legs of said parrot!

<_<

Er Yes. I see said the blind man. Clear as mud.

PS. Will you take over doing my accounts for me????

Out of many things I enjoy in life, those that start with an F tend to feature the most.

Plea to save our fish. Please visit http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Seafishstocks/ and sign it if you agree.

The one on the right is Trubshaw, the one on the left is Teal.

PS. Will you take over doing my accounts for me????

Who me.....but I can't even prove that -1*-1=+1 :P

Edited by jabee

"To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, and call whatever you hit the target."

Who me.....but I can't even prove that -1*-1=+1 :P

It was on the basis that you manage so well that you might even be able to convince Mr Brown that I don't owe him a penny. :lol:

Out of many things I enjoy in life, those that start with an F tend to feature the most.

Plea to save our fish. Please visit http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Seafishstocks/ and sign it if you agree.

This is not really even maths, just basic arithmetic. Rather than cloud the issue with my own botchy proof, I am just going to post a couple of links. Here is one to get you going.

Just for Dan, I've also posted the link to the Wikipedia article on Pythagoras' Theorem with some of its many proofs.

Yes but, no but, yes but, in a right angle triangle the square on the hypoteneuse equals the sum of the squares on the other two sides

Beaten into me at the age of 10 by my then maths master, with one slap for each syllable, Hypoteneuse consisting of four syllables was especially painful. :lol:

Actually Dave's example does work with a little adjustment.

Lets say that you pay income tax.........

Ah, there you are, you see - my poor old businessman was accused of "fiddling his expenses" - as if....

What he should have done is take the problem to his accountant, who would apply the same principle "with a little adjustment" and find a legal method to milk the Inland Revenue instead of the employer.

I like it! Jabee, you're a genius!

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

Yes but, no but, yes but, in a right angle triangle the square on the hypoteneuse equals the sum of the squares on the other two sides

Beaten into me at the age of 10 by my then maths master, with one slap for each syllable, Hypoteneuse consisting of four syllables was especially painful. :lol:

Slap? .............. luxury!! we got the black board compasss, and that wing nut really hurt!!

dan

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com

Slap? .............. luxury!! we got the black board compasss, and that wing nut really hurt!!

dan

:lol:

Oh dear, I feel the story of the Yorkshireman coming up. Who wants to start?