Anglers Should Be Licensed And their Catches Restricted.

glennk

There is good signs this year we actually had a bumper year for cod and i hope 2007 proves to be better had a guy who fishes commercially on the west coast rung me last night he said that he read the artickle in the fishing news about whitby which he said was amazing he didnt know there was so much cod off whitby booked 3 days fishing with me in spring should i put my boat advert in the fishing news instead of the sea angler. :lol::clap2: :

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest challenge
There is good signs this year we actually had a bumper year for cod and i hope 2007 proves to be better had a guy who fishes commercially on the west coast rung me last night he said that he read the artickle in the fishing news about whitby which he said was amazing he didnt know there was so much cod off whitby booked 3 days fishing with me in spring should i put my boat advert in the fishing news instead of the sea angler. :lol::clap2: :

Good idea Paul.

After reading the article in fishing news he must also think that you go 150 miles to catch your fish.

I hope you explained to him that the boat in question (when they caught the fish) was about as near to Whitby as his front door (on the west coast) is.

But if it got you a booking then well done. :)

Edited by challenge

Good idea Paul.

After reading the article in fishing news he must also think that you go 150 miles to catch your fish.

I hope you explained to him that the boat in question (when they caught the fish) was about as near to Whitby as his front door (on the west coast) is.

But if it got you a booking then well done. :)

John why do need to go 150 miles to catch loads of cod the mans not daft he is a commercial fishermen he knows that, why dont you have a day with me mate and it will open your eyes you might even get more than you can carry to take home for the freezer and it will probably be only 30 minuites from the harbour the thing about it is you have to know where they live, your old mate andy is the bay expert he knows the north and the south cheek like the back of his hand didnt he catch cod around 20lb last summer and he is only fishing 200 yds from the shore. :sun:

PS i understand jb was at the meeting the other night and he stood his corner against the rod licences i congratulate him, i couldnt make it to the meeting but i will be there at the next one i understand they asked the whole room to have a vote who would be in favour of rod licences and out of the whole room only one voted for rod licences and dont know if its right but somebody said the men in white coates took him away later.

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Anyway i don't know what everyone is shouting about, JB always finds the fish!!!

Are the rest of you looking in the right place?????

As far as i'm concerned JB's the man to watch!!

If cod are dropping off at a such a rate as the (EXPERTS???? hmmmmm) say , then why aren't other fish that feed off them , and cod feed on flourishing and dropping off at the same rate?

Idiots sat on their arses i say, Get out there and give it a go!!!

What a complete load of rubbish. There's been some rubbish posted on this forum in the past mr motorola, but you are the new champion . Please tell me this was a very poor attempt at a joke and not a serious post.

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

Guest challenge

paul.

By the sounds of things it all cut and dried, Bass will be the first to have bag limits introduced on it. Then they will take it from there.

There having the meetings to go through the motions, they have already been consulted by power hungry recreational representatives who have told them anglers want bag limits and rod licences.

As for you fishing offer? Thank you very much, but like you said I can go and catch as much as I want fishing at home.

I don’t need to know what the difference is between what you’re doing and what we do, I only have to ask somebody who has done both Mr Motorola.

But I am so pleased to here that you now know where they live, perhaps now that you have found them you might stop accusing commercial fishermen of raping and pillaging all the stocks. :clap::clap:

Guest challenge
What a very strange world you live in Challenge!

DEFRA have published a summary of responses recieved to the Government's Consultation on a Marine Bill

A chargeable licensing scheme and bag limits

3.30 There was support both from the angling sector and other respondents for proposals in respect of “bag limits” and a chargeable licensing scheme for angling.

Edited by challenge

DEFRA have published a summary of responses recieved to the Government's Consultation on a Marine Bill

A chargeable licensing scheme and bag limits

3.30 There was support both from the angling sector and other respondents for proposals in respect of “bag limits” and a chargeable licensing scheme for angling.

Yet when you look at the actual responses made, they hardly support the allegations that you attempt, do they Challenge?

(Haven't we been here before?)

Edited by Leon Roskilly

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Oh! and by the way.

I've spent quite a few hours this morning putting together a case against current proposals for bag limits that deliver no conservation benefits, or any benefit for anglers at all, taking aboard the similar views of various colleagues from other RSA organisations similarly engaged..

Much as I've spent similar hours over the last few weeks on the same issue.

How much effort are you putting in Challenge?

Or is your time taken totally by your seemingly twisted agenda of finding mud to throw and see what sticks?

Edited by Leon Roskilly

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Guest challenge
Oh! and by the way.

I've spent quite a few hours this morning putting together a case against current proposals for bag limits that deliver no conservation benefits, or any benefit for anglers at all, taking aboard the similar views of various colleagues from other RSA organisations similarly engaged..

Much as I've spent similar hours over the last few weeks on the same issue.

How much effort are you putting in Challenge?

Or is your time taken totally by your seemingly twisted agenda of finding mud to throw and see what sticks?

Well done Leon, glad to here that you have been listening to what anglers want from different parts of the country.

Cannot Waite to see what it is you suggest. I believe that it is too little to late. As soon as defra got the backing of RSA reps in regards of bag limits and rod licences the deed was done.

You know as well as I, that licences and bag limits are on there way. It’s just a damage limitation exercise that you reps are now working on.

Regards