Registration of buyers and sellers of fish

Leon Roskilly

@SUMMER@

Ok then, so Big cod only catches half of what I worked out, so it's still more than my quota, so anglers should be included in any stops,bans or closed areas,

I fish to live and live to fish.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wurzel,

I thought angler were included, i can remember having to put cod back from me dads boat years ago when there was a cod ban.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

Summer,

Steves is right mate, not only do they now catch bass in Scotland, they are a target species and are reguarly caught in good numbers to a reasnable size. Having said that I dont understand why they shouldnt be in Whitby, have you actually tried fishing for bass Summer? or are you one of the last UK big game men? with a brass ferrolled Woolworths fishing rod sporting a intrepide reel.Do you wear white wooly socks that you turn over the top of your wellies? have you ever tried using less than a pound of lead?

have you the skill or techneque to catch a bass? they do take some thinking about, not like the cod. the cod are nowdays greatly reduced in numbers and you can still catch them, that just shows how easy they are to catch.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

Guest jay_con

Ive said this many times before Wurzel so Ill say it again. I have a problem with your quota a real big one. YOU DONT GET ENOUGH OF IT. Boats like yours along with more conservational methods should be encouraged not held back. Its this philosophy that bigger is better, two boats pulling a net are better than 1, that has brought about this situation and It is not your fault at all. You are being penalised for the actions of greedy others.

Just out of interest wurzel can you find the quote where big cod calls for a ban on cod fishing?.

Guest jay_con

With regards to closed area. Perhaps the Eu will ban everyone out of them????? We never got the chance to find out because Our reps at the meeting voted against it and so shot the whole thing out of the water. As ive already said. If we do get banned I bet you dont read of anglers fishing in closed zone - and then pleading ignorance.

If you take along hard look at the commercial sector you will see a massive reduction in both boat numbers (1980's 23 trawlers in b_c's port now 8)but also in the effort expended days at sea gear restrictions etc As for part timers they have been here forever and probably always will be And lets not forget the charter skippers who sell what they catch. About big cod (the fish that is) we all know where they reside WRECKS trawlers dont trawl wrecks!!

Slackline you are wrong trawlers can trawl wrecks depending if they are laid on a bankside or if they may be wood,there is one particular wreck of whitby about 12miles off what allways had very big cod on, the trawlers towed it going south because the bankside also faced south and they would take massive halls of cod off that wreck if they tryed to tow it going north they would get jammed in it.(you learn something every day)

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg