Forum Complaint.

kentangler

This will upset the apple cart, but I never was known for being diplomatic.

It annoys me when someone posts a reasonable question, possibly related to fishing, and then we get loads of obscure posts, usually between people on here who know each other well, and exchange pleasantries etc or speak in code. Talking about stuff that has nothing to do with the original post, which could have been interesting if it recieved intelligent answers.I have noticed a decline in interesting topics and sensible posts lately. Is it just me, or is it time to leave?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Kentangler.

Some of what you say is quite right.

I dont think there is much happening on the fishing front at the moment, hense the thread contents.

Need to remember though, to most, A.N. is a family thing, its relaxed, fun, and some of these guys have met, fished and got drunk together.

Everyone is proberbly finding it hard to post stuff at the moment.

As far as leaveing is concerned , that would be a shame.

I think your going through the angling dolldrums at the moment;) give it a couple of weeks and the board will be littered with fish pics and stories again.

Roll on the Summer Kent :)

Personally I think a friendly community type forum is far more preferable to a strictly question and answer message board.

Though I do sympathise when a serious question is posed by someone that the topic then disintegrates into frivolity.

no upset here kent, speak your mind thats what i thought this forum was for, although i do agree that some threads are used as a bit of a text service, ive put some topics on here for peoles opinions that i even agree myself in the end are a little bit silly but all good fun on a cold and wet winters evening just for some thing to do, but once them long summer evenings when the fish are back il be out their with me fly gear trying to tempt wily old mullet and bass to take and wont be on here as much thats for sure.

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

Actually, compared to some forums we're doing quite well. I do agree that sometimes the 'cliqueiness' is irritating (imagine what it'll be like once they get back from Scrabster :rolleyes: ) Perhaps a bit more moving of posts by the mods to the 'non-fishing chat' forum would help, or locking of threads?

Have a look at this thread in the meantime:-

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/ubb/ultimatebb...ic;f=6;t=009852

[ 29. January 2005, 11:09 AM: Message edited by: Toerag ]

Like Fresh coffee? www.Bean14.com

Guest jay_con

Kento,

Times change m8, when I arrived here everybody slagged each other off and poor old newt was kept well busy having to edit threads and even stop them sometimes. In my opinion most questions do get answered before the thread deviates. I dont think its time to leave, just time to be not so active, If some of the threads dont appeal to u, just wait till u see one that does.

Hiya Winter,

Who EVER slagged you off :D

I dont think its a case of people getting slagged, more a case of differing oppinions, and the way people post things sometimes.

One person will read something and see it in a different way to someone else......if that makes sense :confused: :P

Things do get heated now and then, but I dont know anyone here who has held a grudge over differing points of view.

It normaly comes out in the wash, along the way.

What you say about the threads is right, if you dont think the post is of interest to you on a personal note, then sit and wait for one that does interest you.

All good fun a ?? :)

Yakity - Yak:

Hiya Winter,

Who EVER slagged you off :D

I do agree that a lot of chit chat time would be put to more use clicking on Eltons links that help pay for the upkeep of this site :)

I would be interested in knowing what the codes that kentangler mentioned were :confused: :confused:

Alan :cool:

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/