Forum Complaint.

kentangler

Hands up cos I am a prime offender. Should do more PMs instead of jumping onto a thread and going off at tangents.

At the mo am busy finishing off a batch of lures for "fishing instructor". Have tied him(Ryan) up 13 and superglued on the eyes,now comes the neccessary but tedious/messy part - epoxy resin heads. Cannot see a way around it/alternative - there I go again - changed the thread.Anyway chaps will post up a picture of them later today and would like some honest feedback. Have been tying flies for 40 years but just switched to salt water flies last year. I know that the sandeels work well but the "gay boys" are still in their infancy! I just make them up as I go along. The only consistant theme in them is the large eye/moveable pupil which I know is a winner with pedators.Would appreciate some constructive criticism when I post them up.

Toodle pip for now

[ 29. January 2005, 12:02 PM: Message edited by: Snatcher ]

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Kent Angler but what may not be interesting to you might be intersting to others, and where is it written that the answers to questions have to be sensible. IMHO I would rather have a forum that people feel that they can enjoy themselves as opposed to one where the anglers on it are so full of their own impotance that anglers with less experience feel so belittled (which I have seen in the past with some forums)they cannot join in. If you dont like a thread, dont read it, re is it time to leave? only you can decide that but please dont decry people because they have found a common link and can form friendships , or is it the case that you expect people who get on together to leave the forum when they get on just so YOU are not offended, Even this thread has been started by you and it is not on the Non - Fishing chat, there are people like myself who do not have a lot of experience and sometimes feel uncomfortable posting on the serious threads, maybe you think the likes of me shouldn't be here because I insult your intelligence possibly or just maybe life and Fishing forums shouldn't be taken too seriously. (As for the code :confused: )

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Doughnuts!

Take 1 cup of sugar, 1 tablespoonful of butter, and 1 egg well beaten together. Grate half a nutmeg into this, and add 1 cup of milk, 2 teaspoonfuls of baking powder in 2 cups of flour. Add as much more flour as may be needed to make a soft dough. Do not roll, but pat out with the hands. Fry in hot lard.

[ 29. January 2005, 12:44 PM: Message edited by: Jim Roper ]

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

tears in my eyes jim :D:D:D

see your point kentangler, but this forum seems to be more like a friendly chat in a virtual pub than the question & answers section of sea angler mag.

i have always had reasonable answers to the questions i ask, but would be dissapointed if those answers didnt come with a bowl full of humour as well.

if you start a thread that gets hijacked, there is no harm in saying " ere, you buggers, this has gone a bit off thread "

don't wander off yet, i like your avatar !

Was it not something Johnny said about a squids testicles! what a gem. Hey Jim is it ok with chips?

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy