Travel and telescopic rods

Sheepy

Next year im off on various sailing jollies round the thames estuary, isle of wight and coastal france and im after a travel or telescopic rod that I can take with me. Mainly will be lightish lure fishing but would also look to keeping it in the boot of the car for evening stalking carp off the top so a bit of grunt needed too. I suspect that travel rods have a better feel and construction, but am happy to be proved wrong. Anyway i have a budget of up to about 70 quid. Anyone got any recomendations?

Cheers.

Sheepy.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Next year im off on various sailing jollies round the thames estuary, isle of wight and coastal france and im after a travel or telescopic rod that I can take with me. Mainly will be lightish lure fishing but would also look to keeping it in the boot of the car for evening stalking carp off the top so a bit of grunt needed too. I suspect that travel rods have a better feel and construction, but am happy to be proved wrong. Anyway i have a budget of up to about 70 quid. Anyone got any recomendations?

Cheers.

Sheepy.

Hi Sheepy

I have a Shimanao Exage see link below.

http://www.edirectory.co.uk/pf/pages/mia.a...&afid=88888

Great travel rod that has a firm but forgiving action and comes in a nice hard tube for protection..

Should get it in your price range

Hope this helps

............ keep your hairs long!

I got a beautiful 4 piece 9ft strong carbon ledger rod, ideal for the car boot where it is now. Cost me £25. A beautiful all through action rod.

Yogi. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Take nothing but photo's.

Leave nothing but footprints.

Kill nothing but time.

I bought a Daiwa Vertice 9ft tele spin to take away with me in september. Felt pretty good in the shop and appeared well made. After fishing for about an hour it snapped mid cast above a joint. Seeing as I was at the beginning of my holiday I stripped off some rod rings, undid the sections and bodged a repair, then taped the rings back on. It did OK for the rest of the trip. I took it back to my regular fishing shop and got told to deal direct with Daiwa as they had some "gold service plan" or something. Rang Daiwa, they'd never heard of the plan and insisted I post the rod to them before they would do anything about it. I suggested that the tackle shop had seen the rod and could easily confirm the damage, but no they wanted it back with them.

I was furious because I really didnt want to go to all the hassle of finding something to put the rod in to send it to scotland at my expense for them to look at it and confirm that it was broken! Bloody typical british customer service. Fed up with the shop for not taking care of it and extremely cross with Daiwa Uk for their bad attitude on the phone and poor service. As an upshot, they've won and I feel a bit cheated. I'm not going to the hassle of sending a £30 rod to Scotland, but I will certainly look at any other rod before I buy another Daiwa!

Oh yeah, and I'll tell anyone who'll listen too!

Tim