mr motorola

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at the size of them fish, I would be looking for a lot more too this summer. :clap2::clap2::clap2:

Nice fish those, john about same stamp of fish you had with me last week may give it a shot tomorrow john what you upto wind ok may be a bit of rain got plenty bait.

Like paul says if it carries on like it is now into spring summer we will all be happy fishermen fingers crossed :)

Guest challenge
Nice fish those, john about same stamp of fish you had with me last week may give it a shot tomorrow john what you upto wind ok may be a bit of rain got plenty bait.

Like paul says if it carries on like it is now into spring summer we will all be happy fishermen fingers crossed :)

Yea you can count me in for tomorrow mate; you cannot beat a bit of inshore course fishing this time of year. :rolleyes::rolleyes::clap2:

Looking at the size of them fish, I would be looking for a lot more too this summer. :clap2::clap2::clap2:

But john they are very happy customers its a mixed bag of fish i dont think there is 1 fish under 5lb on thoses snaps best going just under 20lb you dont want them to big they are as tough as old boots. :thumbs:

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Guest challenge
But john they are very happy customers its a mixed bag of fish i dont think there is 1 fish under 5lb on thoses snaps best going just under 20lb you dont want them to big they are as tough as old boots. :thumbs:

Am with you now Paul. I could not understand why I personally caught more fish (cod) over twenty pounds last year than the entire inshore angling fraternity of Whitby did?

But now you have put me right, it’s because there as tuff as old boots and therefore you avoided them at all costs.

how stupid of me, and there was me thinking that we had done well last year catching all them cod up to 32lb,s while all the time you lads had been avoiding them.

The only thing tuff about catching big cod, is the inability to catch them if there not there. :thumbs:

Regards.

Am with you now Paul. I could not understand why I personally caught more fish (cod) over twenty pounds last year than the entire inshore angling fraternity of Whitby did?

But now you have put me right, it’s because there as tuff as old boots and therefore you avoided them at all costs.

how stupid of me, and there was me thinking that we had done well last year catching all them cod up to 32lb,s while all the time you lads had been avoiding them.

The only thing tuff about catching big cod, is the inability to catch them if there not there. :thumbs:

Regards.

You personally caught more 20lb cod than the whole of the inshore fraternity now come on john i am not haveing that one, a fish that does come to mind though it was what local boat owner dave perret caught a nice cod only 400yds of saltwich nab i think it went 24lb nearly in casting range i got one there uptiding 26lb a couple of years ago from the same area again just out of casting range from the shore . :thumbs:

How many in the thirties did you get last summer compaired to the year before just the one 32lb cod it must be dropping of for you because the year before you couldnt move for them but you never know it could be alive with them this year so fingers crossed and dont forget to tell the lads to polish there pirks it allways works for big cod. :unsure:

Untitled-1.jpg

Guest challenge
You personally caught more 20lb cod than the whole of the inshore fraternity now come on john i am not haveing that one, a fish that does come to mind though it was what local boat owner dave perret caught a nice cod only 400yds of saltwich nab i think it went 24lb nearly in casting range i got one there uptiding 26lb a couple of years ago from the same area again just out of casting range from the shore . :thumbs:

How many in the thirties did you get last summer compaired to the year before just the one 32lb cod it must be dropping of for you because the year before you couldnt move for them but you never know it could be alive with them this year so fingers crossed and dont forget to tell the lads to polish there pirks it allways works for big cod. :unsure:

Quite Simple Paul.

How many cod over 20lb where caught by anglers fishing inshore from Whitby last year?

Was it one or two?

We had 8 fish (cod) over twenty pounds and there must have been twenty fish that where 18 or 19lb in one trip. The next trip we had five over twenty pounds and two over 30lb, again all cod.

When was the last time that a 30lb + cod was caught inside of Whitby?

I personally had 3 fish (cod) over twenty pounds last year and I don’t think that I fished for more than 5 hours in total for the year.

if darlick would have put as much time in fishing with us as you put in fishing last year I would say he would have been well into double figures with his fish over twenty pounds.

What I am trying to say Paul is that I am not a good angler but still managed to catch good fish. It does make it easier when they are there to catch.

That’s not taking anything away from inside fishing, there’s plenty of fish at times to catch, it’s just that now days it is a different stamp of fish to what we got offshore.

Regards.

Talking to clive of dominator today he said when they were hauling there gillnetts yesterday he said a cod which was well into the 20ss rolled out of the net as they were hauling it it might have even being 30lb but it didnt mash the net and droped back in if he doesnt get caught this winter by spring he could defenetly go over the 30lb mark and might fall to one of my blue shads on one of those wrecks of the chimneys they fished there nuts off last spring nothing on jiggers nothing on bait all on shads it was quite amaizing but if you hadnt used shads you would have got nothing but it was litterally every rod in each pass over the wreck with the shads.

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

Guest challenge

Me and Andy rolled a couple of good tope out the nets last year but didn’t manage to catch one on a rod and line.

Still we will try a bit harder this summer. Are going to have a go this morning, will have to see if we can get that 20lb fish that Clive missed.

Regards.