mr motorola

wouldn't mind a mullet over 7lbs to actually stay on the hook long enough to get a net under it. :headhurt:

a scottish shore 10lb+ bass... converted into english that be about 15lb :rolleyes:

a decent blue say 60lb plus.

sorry Norm i'll have all the rest you don't want. TA :thumbs:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Porbeagle Shark and Haddock will (subject to a recount) give me fifty saltwater species in the UK :thumbs:

Jeeesus , thats some angling mate WOW :thumbs:

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

OK , the new year is just around the corner.

Forget about conservation etc..........

what fish / species / size and or quantity would you love to catch in the upcoming year??

I personally cannot wait to get back to Whitby again, it's been a long slog for me this year ; due to a particular friend being rather ill and work also, but 2007 has a nice ring to it and hopefully should prove rich pickings for me.

A 30 pounder on SEA TREK or a 40 pounder on CHIEFTAIN will suit me just fine :D

I also wouldn't mind a big , ugly ANGLER FISH aswell, NEVER CAUGHT ONE!

THIS YEAR MAYBE?? :fishing::fish:

Well 'Mr Motorola', I have had a year of it!! similar scenario, partner diagnosed with cancer, work, I hate it, not work shy, just dont like what I do!!! Smashed my knee in 2005 and damaged my right hand in 2003, both have deteriorated this year, forcing the sale of my 35ft Cygnus :cry: 'a slog' sums up 2006, or may be 'wading through treacle'?

However, things do happen for a reason so a friend tells me? 2007? well it has been hard on the run up, but in the past couple of weeks, metaphoric corks have been popping out of bottles! 2007 looks like a better year, looking forward to Smoothounds and Tope, and topping the 17lb Smoothi and 36lb Tope of this year, caught on one of only 4 trips since May, a charter skipper friend invited me while Hazel was in Hospital, sanity relief!

Then there is bass in the summer. We have replaced our boat for a smaller more practical craft, but retained the weekender sleeping/cooking/heads facility. The beauty is, Hazel is looking forward as much as me to those still summer evenings drifting gently with the tide fishing for bass. Then there is the long wait to try fly fishing for bass, I have been waiting for two seasons! Big, small, I dont care, just to do it!

As one says, corks from bottles, small personal things that mean very little to anyone else, but as the loads gets lighter its a relief. Of course, the big relief was Hazels full remission assessment at the beginning of December. We spent most of yesterday evening discussing bass trips, simple boat food menus, and catching up on 2 years lost time! Not exactly 'all fish' for 2007, but fishing is more than that. I see it as part of 'a life experience'; boats, wild life, water, fresh air, visual experience, sunrise, still morning mist, birds flying, I can hardly wait, plus fishing and its pleasures. Corny? some may think so, but I get so much from my life with Hazel on the water! Yes, 2007 is full of 'fishy' expectations? :sun::fishing::boat:

CJS2

Edited by CJS2

wouldn't mind a mullet over 7lbs to actually stay on the hook long enough to get a net under it. :headhurt:

a scottish shore 10lb+ bass... converted into english that be about 15lb :rolleyes:

a decent blue say 60lb plus.

sorry Norm i'll have all the rest you don't want. TA :thumbs:

:clap2: You're welcome, I'm not a greedy man. :clap2:

lots and lots of lovely rocks at folkestone please ,oh and fossils for the mrs .

only 3 months to go before the campsite opens hoorah :thumbs:

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Porbeagle Shark and Haddock will (subject to a recount) give me fifty saltwater species in the UK :thumbs:

hi john,

i've had both of those, what could you swap me for them??

i've not had a catfish(wolf) or an anglerfish

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the center of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

WalkingPinhead.gif