Kent and Essex SFC & bag limits on anglers

Guest challenge
I heard that they were going to completely nationalise commercial fishing and pay fishermen the minimum wage. :mellow: But it's not all bad news.

I also heard that McDonalds are recruiting :thumbs:

Sounds like a good idea to me Steve.

If a commercial fishermen who catches cod, and so is only allowed 15 days at sea was part of a nationalised industry and therefore got paid minimum wage by the hour, he would still earn £1440 pounds per month and not even have to catch any fish. This wage would of course increase when you take into account over time rate that would come into effect after he has worked his first 40 hours (or at the end of his second day at sea.)

Do that for 25 years and get a £60000 golden handshake.

Nice little earner for him to count when he is retired in his free fisherman’s cottage that came with the job.

The retired commercial fisherman is only fifty so he thinks that now he has taken early retirement and has no worry’s he could go and get himself a little boat and try a bit of recreational fishing. There’s bound to be loads of fish because nobody for the last 25 years has been trying to catch it.

Regards.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This wage would of course increase when you take into account over time rate that would come into effect after he has worked his first 40 hours (or at the end of his second day at sea.)

Do that for 25 years and get a £60000 golden handshake.

Your having a tin bath now John. Working time initiative means you cant work more than 37 hours and as for unsociable hour premiums they are a thing of the past matey. Its a flat rate for all employees of government and related bodies no matter when they work - Get a grip :yucky:

Guest challenge
Your having a tin bath now John. Working time initiative means you cant work more than 37 hours and as for unsociable hour premiums they are a thing of the past matey. Its a flat rate for all employees of government and related bodies no matter when they work - Get a grip :yucky:

So what are you saying here? No body working in a nationalised industry can work overtime anymore? Sounds even better. Imagine the government officials going down to the fish key on a Sunday night to chuck the ropes off for the boys and shouting, don’t go to far lads you’ve only got 39 hours to go. :thumbs::thumbs:

So what are you saying here? No body working in a nationalised industry can work overtime anymore? Sounds even better. Imagine the government officials going down to the fish key on a Sunday night to chuck the ropes off for the boys and shouting, don’t go to far lads you’ve only got 39 hours to go. :thumbs::thumbs:

36 :rolleyes:

Steve,

There will be no decision until it is made by the Full Statutory Committee Meeting on 12th February (which will be open to the public).

The closed Technical Panel Meeting that took place today was to consider all of the issues in detail, and to agree what advice should be offered to the full committee in making their decision.

Until that advice is given to the full committee (at a meeting open to the public) it is understandably not available to anyone else.

The advice given by the technical panel, will be the subject of open discussion at the 12th February meeting and the full meeting will need to decide whether it is to go with the advice offered by the technical panel, or to do something else.

Frustrating I know, but you can imagine the fuss that would ensue if everyone else knew what the technical panel advice was before the committee members who had referred the matter to the technical panel :eek:

I look forward to seeing some friendly faces at the February meeting.

Hopefully they will come to a sensible decision :)

Right then, according to the eu study of pan european recreational sea fishing 2006 (thanks Leon). Within it states that bass, 600 tonnes attributed to commercial, 400 tonnes rsa and 20-25 tonnes attributed to the illegal selling of bass. If this is the case why then is ben and co,defra spending loads of our money discussing , trying to make it a bylaw to restrict the rsa to stamp out the problem of black fish selling (bass). There is no problem based on the above figures. Don't forget it will cost an enormous amount of our money in policing this if it is accepted. What about gill tagging at the point of sell, self policing at very little cost if there is a percieved problem?

Where have the welsh authority and defra and areas of the fishing community got figures from to state that there is a problem and it has got to be sorted now, urgently as apposed to waiting for the marine bill. Double standards in particular where the bass stocks have to wait untill 2010 before they are safe in the knowledge that they can get their legover before being lifted. There also does not appear to be a problem with the stock unless some one knows different.

You will see friendly faces Leon but they won't be very happy if the commitee goes down the road of restriction based on the above figures. Cheers bemused barry <_<

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Right then, according to the eu study of pan european recreational sea fishing 2006 (thanks Leon). Within it states that bass, 600 tonnes attributed to commercial, 400 tonnes rsa and 20-25 tonnes attributed to the illegal selling of bass.

How on earth did they manage to come up with those figures? Those figures have just got to be a load of old b*ll*cks. So RSA takes two thirds as much bass from the sea as commercial fishing does it? Like f**k! If the rest of the document is as stupid as that bit, I'm glad I haven't wasted any of my time reading it.

Edited by Steve Coppolo

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

How on earth did they manage to come up with those figures? Those figures have just got to be a load of old b*ll*cks. So RSA takes two thirds as much bass from the sea as commercial fishing does it? Like f**k! If the rest of the document is as stupid as that bit, I'm glad I haven't wasted any of my time reading it.

If that 600 tons includes the French pair teams that means you lot are seriously out fishing us inshore boats.

Can't have that!

I can see some serious management coming your way.

I fish to live and live to fish.