First fish

gingerangler

I can't remember my first fish, but it was a mixed bag of seven small perch, gudgeon and roach taken from the river Lea,

I still remember being bowled over by the blue circles along the flanks of the gudgeon (and I still am today).

That was 56 years ago!

And every trip is still an exciting adventure after all of these years, whether I'm fishing a tiny stream for tiny fish, or a big water (such as the sea!) for stuff bigger than me :)

I hope that you get as many years enjoyment from your fishing. You are on your way! :)

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

I'm not allowed to forget my first fish my mum has a photo on display at home just to wind up my dad and a cpl of uncles. My first ever fishing trip aged 5 only fish caught all day between 6 of us a 8oz skimmer

everytime i catch a fish i'm lucky when i blank i'm a hopeless angler.

At the risk of being accused of gloating I can remember my first fish as if it were yesterday. I was about 7 or 8 years old when my Dad took me out for the first time. I caught a nice cod that was about the 12lb mark.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Nice one Ginger !

You are in very good company, many if not most(?) coarse anglers first get their lines pulled by a little stripey.

You will no doubt catch zillions of them over the coming years and still remember that little one from yesterday. Your next mission is to find and catch his mother, a big one something over 2lb is a fighting fish, I think the record is approx 6lbs. Doesn't the thought of that fill you with awe.

Our perception of time as an orderly sequence of regular ticks and tocks has no relevance here in the alternative dimension that is fishing....... C.Yates

mine was a daddy ruff on the seven at stockport. I was float fishing under a platform with worms dug from my garden on a sunday afternoon. circa 1969

I still remember how I was supprised at how spikey it was.

Jasper Carrot On birmingham city

" You lose some you draw some"

Excellent, congrats on your first fish! Mine was also a perch. I put it in a bucket of water and watched it for ages. It was the most amazing thing I'd ever seen! Enjoy catching these fish from the canal - don't be tempted to go to a carp pool, the canal will teach you more about watercraft and nature, and the really important basic skills of fishing (location, feeding, tackle selection) better than a carp pool ever could. Let us know how you get on :thumbs:

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Congratulations! Your first fish is a real milestone, and something you're never likely to forget.

I bet you're even more hooked now!

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net