AnglersNet Seti@Home Team

corydoras

i didnt, might reinstall as a service, i wont lose all my work stuff will i?

No I don't think that you will lose any data. Create a user called seti (non admin) and tell the installer to login as seti. answer yes/next until installed.

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in!!!

Did you install BOINC as a service Andy. It works best that way, but you don't get the fancy screensaver.

You also don't get it if you block doubleclick!!!!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

I'm in!!!

You also don't get it if you block doubleclick!!!!

Don't get what Chris?

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Hi all

bloomin pending units:)i wants me credit :(lol

ive got 7 damn pending WU:(

steve

sod everyone else,do it anyway:)

sod duck season lets have tvla season!

capita beware(thiefs with badges)

e7b81d_666666.gif

anphotologo.jpg

Hi all

ive just set my connect to server settings at every 3days,so i can get more WU down to work on but alas the server for getting WU`s is down so im gonna be workless in 4mins:)

im still trying:)got my pending credits(well most)hehe i was worried cos my average dropped last night but its not 77 now its 85.98 yippie:)

poor seti servers seem to be under strain due to changing machines and things are taking time to sort out:(

steve

e7b81d_666666.gif

anphotologo.jpg

Hi all

after a shed load of probs 2day with the change of the new seti server(as described on homepage)ive fallen behind:(not too much

i was having issues with the bionic system and its unwillingness to allow me to run other apps(checking net/mail etc)and run seti behind:(

ive now got going again maybe due to the seti systems comming back and maybe me editing my HOME preferances instead of using default prefs.

which ever it was im about 7-10 WU`s up and ive got it running as it was and lots of work to go on with:)

ive left myself with a sore jaw from grinding in annoyance but alls well again,so its catchup time as my good average score will probably get affected(hope not):)

eitherway it seems good for now:)

steve

e7b81d_666666.gif

anphotologo.jpg

at last listed on the team after getting almost 98% of tasks done most reset themselves

got it sorted out now. :thumbs:

no longer a non person..

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif

Hi all

good size team so far:)i see your here now pete:)

since ive updated my bionic to connect every 3 days ive a good surplus of units and now the servers panned out good again its running smooth once more:)

slight dip in my average chart but nothing too bad:)

and i can once again flick through sites while its crunching which it didnt want to do yestarday:)

steve

e7b81d_666666.gif

anphotologo.jpg

Don't get what Chris?

The screensaver. The file being downloaded was attached to a doubleclick download and knowing that is a notorious spyware thingy I didn't download it. Proably needs d/click to run??

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))