AnglersNet Seti@Home Team

corydoras

Hi folks

I was stumbling around on the SETI@Home site and stumbled on this page. It has some pictures from the Classic SETI@Home days, before BOINC was invented. There are some interesting pictures on this page including some of the Sun E3500 servers that were used on the project.

http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/sah_photos....=lab_12_04_2005

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also just noticed, some of the results on this page (http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/results.php?userid=8586619) are in green while others are not ?
Hi JK

I'll answer the easy question first.

Entries in black are the results for work units that have been processed by your PC, returned to the project and have been validated by the project. At the end of the row you will see the amount of credits claimed by your client, and the amount that the project has actually granted. These are normally the same figure. One or two results may have 'pending' in the results granted column. In this case the SETI Servers are still calculating the credits, or the XML file has not been updated yet. Entries in green are those results that have not been completed, but are estimated by the project to be returned within the deadline. If you see any in red, these are overdue units.

If you go to this site http://www.boincstats.com you can enter your SETI user name and you will get some nice detailed stats in a friendlier format, complete with graphs. You do not need an account on this site to search for your stats or your teams stats.

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

For those that are interested, you can get a nice little Certificate from the SETI Web Server that you can download and print.

Here is mine.

cert3.jpg

Hi folks

I was stumbling around on the SETI@Home site and stumbled on this page. It has some pictures from the Classic SETI@Home days, before BOINC was invented. There are some interesting pictures on this page including some of the Sun E3500 servers that were used on the project.

You are a tease. :rolleyes:

Gissalinkthen.

Not that it will mean anything to me if it's owt like the rest of the stuff. <_<

You are a tease. :rolleyes:

Gissalinkthen.

Not that it will mean anything to me if it's owt like the rest of the stuff. <_<

Sorry mate. I am a bit of a wally at times, I fgorgot to paste in the link.

http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/sah_photos....=lab_12_04_2005

Hi all

newt is now the number one place holder on RAC

nice one newt youve beaten me but IL BE BACK:):) well il try anyhow:):)

we`ve got a good average going as a whole team and its very competative trying to stay infront but the yank beat me:):)

all in jest newt ,nice crunching:)

steve

Edited by billy50000

sod everyone else,do it anyway:)

sod duck season lets have tvla season!

capita beware(thiefs with badges)

e7b81d_666666.gif

anphotologo.jpg

Well I'm back too!! No thanks to WANNADOO (but unfortunately we couldn't run a **** up in a brewery) the (IN)Famous internet provider!!!! 2 bloody weeks offline?? But as I say back now with a VENGENCE!!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

im thinking of taking talk talks free BB with talk 3 users(i hope its free anyhow)gotta phone up soon and find out if i get a BB modem free:):)

if i do i hope its not a bad descision as atleast my 56k is pretty stable and fuss free:)

steve

sod everyone else,do it anyway:)

sod duck season lets have tvla season!

capita beware(thiefs with badges)

e7b81d_666666.gif

anphotologo.jpg

Well I'm back too!! No thanks to WANNADOO (but unfortunately we couldn't run a **** up in a brewery) the (IN)Famous internet provider!!!! 2 bloody weeks offline?? But as I say back now with a VENGENCE!!

Cris

Can you get Tele2 where you are? My brother-in-law has them and he is well pleased.

No standing charge to France Telecom (that will save you 15 € per month)

ADSL at up to 20Mb

Unlimited free phone calls to mainland france

Unlimited free international calls to 47 countries (includes UK, America, Australia, New Zealand, Canada)

36 Free TV Channels (all the french tnt channels)

all for less than 30€ per month.

Check www.tele2.fr for details