A Nice Catch of Mullet

Just as a control figure, how many AN posters caught how many mullet on rod and line around Cornwall last summer?

And more to the point how many will they catch this coming season? I suspect just as many perhaps more who knows, why should there be any less, was there less caught commercially the winter before?

Welcome aboard Cornishman, we need more input from commercials with local knowledge of different areas, it is hard for the few of us on here to comment accurately on some issues that take place hundreds of miles away.

Like many commercial fishermen you are also an angler, so as an angler are you worried that because of these catches of mullet you will be deprived of a bit of sport next summer? I'm not.

I can imagine what the Cornish cove fishermen think of the so called golden mile.

I fish to live and live to fish.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Steve Coppolo. What are charter skippers classed as? Do they come under commercial fisherman , after all the capture of fish puts food on their tables.

Hello Cornishman

A charter skipper gets paid to take people fishing. The fish the party catch are for personal consumption. So no, I don't class charter skipper as a commercial fisherman. A commercial fisherman catches fish and sells them to make money.

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

I can imagine what the Cornish cove fishermen think of the so called golden mile.

Evenin Wurzel, It's no better or worse than the local sfc confirming restriction on the rsa for the bass when there isn't any problem with the stock, crazy.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Evenin Wurzel, It's no better or worse than the local sfc confirming restriction on the rsa for the bass when there isn't any problem with the stock, crazy.

Hello Barry

The same could be said about the mesh and mls for bass.

More to the point defra can not be seen (probably legel reasons)to restrict one sector (commercials) then give it directly to another(anglers).

I fish to live and live to fish.

And more to the point how many will they catch this coming season? I suspect just as many perhaps more who knows, why should there be any less, was there less caught commercially the winter before?

That's what I expected to show.

I doubt that a catch, like the one pictured, will make any difference to anglers.

It hasn't in the past!

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

Hello Barry

The same could be said about the mesh and mls for bass.

More to the point defra can not be seen (probably legel reasons)to restrict one sector (commercials) then give it directly to another(anglers).

Mornin Wurzel,

Please tell me what restriction on amount of bass landed per day or week is there for under ten. If some thing ain't broke, the bass stock, why try to fix it by issuing rules to certain people that the reason for the rule does not apply to in the first place. Black selling of the bass stock has got nothing to do with the rsa. What about gill tags, easy, cheap way to control black selling by both sectors, why arn't anyone with an once of brain promoting that as the way forward? I know it is only about control Wurzel, those ba.....tds want it over us all, it's only gonna get worse for com and rsa. If i go out on a rare bass trip up the channel on a sunday for example, when i get home, i'm sure the first thing i'm going to think about is what restaurant i can dump me spoils off to, not.

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

i'm sure the first thing i'm going to think about is what restaurant i can dump me spoils off to, not.

Fully agree, would hate to see really prime fresh Bass, maybe having taken all day to get a hold of ruined by some over the top chef like that stein fella!

Seriously tho i see no harm at all with the tagging idea, anything to get rid of the 'blackfish' sales.

Trouble is, as with everything else when the controls are fully in place and working to a reasonable degree, how far are they going to be spread, mis-applied and abused by people with, usually, their own political agenda and very little understanding of what goes on?

Edited by roryh

If I ever get the hang of it they'll bloody well ban it!

By the way anyone fancy sponsoring me in the WSOP?

New Zealand is a perfect example of a success story and all who fish in NZ are looked after. On inspection of the drawing, it is plain for all to see why it is a success story. The NZ government values its resource and manages it correctly. The major part of its management system is creating an exclusive economic zone, the important word being ‘exclusive’.

Taking a small part of the NZ strategy and saying it should apply here is futile. I fully realise that NZ has a great geographical advantage over us. However, until our government takes total control of our resource and manages it in a similar way to NZ, the best we can ever hope for is very small improvement in exchange for a major effort on our part. The little we may gain can be totally eradicated by the stroke of a pen from an EU bureaucrat.

JB

John Brennan and Michele Wheeler, Whitby

http://www.chieftaincharters.com