Japanese dolphin murderers. Please sign the petition.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was never about the killing for food of animals, merely the way in which it is carried out, the point is even made previously in this forum that the majority of the dolphins end up as fertiliser or pet food.

And my point was not about dolphins, it was about how we would react to other cultures judging us by their own standards. Hindus telling us that it's evil to kill cows. Jews telling us that it's Just Wrong to eat pigs. Muslims setting up a petition to get us to give up alcohol. Mormons demanding we quit coffee. Amazonian hunter gatherers telling us that farming is immoral and we shouldn't keep animals in captivity. PETA members telling us not to fish. We'd tell them to get stuffed, because our culture and upbringing tells us that those things are normal and acceptable.

We should be allowed to say so without others trying to justify it

You just emote away. Someone from PETA will be round to collect your rods later.

And my point was not about dolphins, it was about how we would react to other cultures judging us by their own standards. Hindus telling us that it's evil to kill cows. Jews telling us that it's Just Wrong to eat pigs. Muslims setting up a petition to get us to give up alcohol. Mormons demanding we quit coffee. Amazonian hunter gatherers telling us that farming is immoral and we shouldn't keep animals in captivity. PETA members telling us not to fish. We'd tell them to get stuffed, because our culture and upbringing tells us that those things are normal and acceptable.

This is the point i've been trying to make. we are trying to force our morals and beliefs onto an entirely different culture in their own country and i don't think its right to do so.

Edited by snakey1

You just emote away. Someone from PETA will be round to collect your rods later.

If you and snakey think that sort of thing is O.K, fine, that's up to you. I think it's wrong and should be stopped, that's why I posted the link to the petition. I couldn't give a **** about different cultures and all the rest of it, cutting a live mammals throat and watching it thrash around on the floor as it sprays blood everywhere is barbaric, and so is towing a live mammal along the road behind a truck. The people who do this are worse than animals, regardless of their culture. Trying to compare what they do with angling is a pathetic argument.

Would you say child molesting was acceptable just because the people who do it think different to us? No, I didn't think so.

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

If you and snakey think that sort of thing is O.K, fine, that's up to you. I think it's wrong and should be stopped, that's why I posted the link to the petition. I couldn't give a **** about different cultures and all the rest of it, cutting a live mammals throat and watching it thrash around on the floor as it sprays blood everywhere is barbaric, and so is towing a live mammal along the road behind a truck. The people who do this are worse than animals, regardless of their culture. Trying to compare what they do with angling is a pathetic argument.

Would you say child molesting was acceptable just because the people who do it think different to us? No, I didn't think so.

But Steve, they'll only say your being emotive again, we should have stayed out of Bosnia didn't you know, wiring kids arms behind their backs and slotting them is in the Balkan culture! Or iraq (GW1) republican guard should be allowed to nail kids to doors as trophies, its in the culture!

Tenuous admittedly but about as close as the link with fishing.

F***ing do-gooders do my head in, thanks for the link.

If I ever get the hang of it they'll bloody well ban it!

By the way anyone fancy sponsoring me in the WSOP?

F***ing do-gooders do my head in, thanks for the link.

You do realise that the people doing this would call you a F***ing do-gooder?

Anyway, I'm bailing, there's no point discussing this with people who have appointed themselves as the pub champion arbiters of right and wrong. Clearly anything you don't like is equivalent to genocide and paedophilia, and anything you do like is above reproach. Enjoy your sense of outrage.

I'm the do-gooder, strange i'm not the one advocating getting involved in other countries policies to save a few dolphins i'm also not the one who believes we went into iraq to save their kids from the republican guard, but hell you are right about one thing though, f**king do-gooders really do your head in.

Anyway i'm with you steve walker no point in trying to have a reasonable discussion about these things so this will be my last comment on the subject.

You do realise that the people doing this would call you a F***ing do-gooder?

Anyway, I'm bailing, there's no point discussing this with people who have appointed themselves as the pub champion arbiters of right and wrong. Clearly anything you don't like is equivalent to genocide and paedophilia, and anything you do like is above reproach. Enjoy your sense of outrage.

Ok Ok

I do apologise for allowing myself a sense of right and wrong and allowing this to colour my judgement, after all there is no way in the world i would like to have an opinon that would in any way impact on the rights of others to do something abhorrent :blink:

I'm the do-gooder, strange i'm not the one advocating getting involved in other countries policies to save a few dolphins i'm also not the one who believes we went into iraq to save their kids from the republican guard, but hell you are right about one thing though, f**king do-gooders really do your head in.

Anyway i'm with you steve walker no point in trying to have a reasonable discussion about these things so this will be my last comment on the subject.

I never said we went into Iraq to 'save their kids from the republican guard' what i stated were things which happened whether or not you would like to believe it. i was pointing out that cultural differences did not mean that just because they are someone elses culture they should be left alone which seems to be the point which you were making.

There is only so far that burying your head in the sand and appeasing those who are clearly wrong gets you, i thought that had been proved without a shadow of a doubt in the thirties, evidently people either are incapable of learning or simply dont want to.

Reasonable discussion? you effectively said leave them alone, dont have an opinion, and if you do dont talk about it in case you upset someone so yes you are a do-gooder!

Edited by roryh