Japanese dolphin murderers. Please sign the petition.

We all know the Japanese attitude to unneccessary cruelty, if anyone needs reminding just nip to your local British Legion and ask anyone with a Burhma Star or any other far east medal for that matter.

Lets Nuke them and be rid of the problem :blink: or..

Ask questions about why our guys were many time zones away meeting Japanese soldiers on islands on the other side of the world.

Atlantic in all its glory and possibilities is one way, or continue to pretend the world map is red and we therefore have the right to tell everyone else what to do and how live is another.

Anyone got figures on a comparison of crime rates between Japan and the UK? The "murder" of dolphins excluded of course ;)

Or perhaps the western nation of Faroe, where they also slaughter pilot whales by means that would upset the average Brit?

I get confused sometimes; is the modern UK role still to tell everyone else how to live?

Osama would feel at home here imho ;):D

Help predict climate change!

http://climateprediction.net

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ask questions about why our guys were many time zones away meeting Japanese soldiers on islands on the other side of the world.

Atlantic in all its glory and possibilities is one way, or continue to pretend the world map is red and we therefore have the right to tell everyone else what to do and how live is another.

Anyone got figures on a comparison of crime rates between Japan and the UK? The "murder" of dolphins excluded of course ;)

Or perhaps the western nation of Faroe, where they also slaughter pilot whales by means that would upset the average Brit?

I get confused sometimes; is the modern UK role still to tell everyone else how to live?

just for those interested here are some crime statistics comparisons.

murder rates per 100,000 population

japan: 1.1

UK: 9.1

Rape per 100,000

japan: 1.48

UK:14.69

Serious assault per 100,000

japan:15.40

UK:405.20

robbery/violent theft per 100,000

japan:1.3

UK:65.8

robberies solved by police

japan 75.9%

UK 26.5%

murders solved by police

japan 94.4%

UK 78.8%

figures based on years 1990 & 1998 (only years i could find quickly to give matching rates things may have altered slightly)

looking at the figures it makes you wonder who the "barbaric gits" really are especially when you consider that japan has twice the population of the UK. i realise this in no way defends the slaughter of dolphins but it should be recognised that japans culture is in many ways completely different to that of the UKs and shouldn't be judged by UK standards.

Edited by snakey1

I watched it and it made me feel ill. It should be noted, though, that plenty of other mammals get killed the same way in slaughterhouses every day, even in the UK :(

Not that I agree with eating dolphins, but it would be interesting to see what the Daily Mail would say about a petition from Indian Hindus demanding that the British stop murdering cows.

Questions like the f***ers carried out a sneak attack on one of our allies, although the war did not directly involve the Americans at the time they were supplying us not the Germans. This hastened the American participation into the war which was coming anyway after the sinking of the Lusitania and other acts, which supplied us with a massive and much needed injection of fresh manpower at a time when it was badly needed.

What the hell have the crime rates got to do with anything? talk about off topic, to start with in, to answerr anyhow. The crime rates in the uk are exteremely high due to a lack of effective law and a police force without the teeth to apply the laws which exist. the youth are brought up with the idea that there is no detterrant, they are brought up with no repect for themselves or anyone else and they are brought up by people who look at history through rose tinted glasses, try to muddy the waters with obscure references . Combine this with large numbers of immigrants with seperatist ideals and obscure innefective laws to control this as well and you will see the reasons for our escalating crime rates.

Osama 'bin hiding' probably would feel at home as you would probably tell us he is mis-understood and his mummy probably denied him a mouthfull of t*t once.

I quite agree that the pilot whale slaughter in the Faroes is on a par with this, as is the clubbing of seals and the 'experimental' whaling going on. Also to be considered if you want to go that far is the Europoean Veal industry.

The modern role of the UK may not be to tell everyone else how to live but should we keep quiet instead with our fingers in our ears and chant 'la la la' ? or should we voice neccessary objectins to barbaric practises? As objectins have been raised with our own farming industry (whats left of it) and animal welfare practises tightened throughout the uk and to a lesser extent in Europe.

As far as the 'lets nuke em and be rid of the problem' comment. Ive been a soldier, i've been involved in some stuff here and there, and i think that comments like this only show the ignorance of many people and belittle what has occurred in the past. No wonder our far east veterans cant get the recognition they deserve when their own countrymen think like this.

If I ever get the hang of it they'll bloody well ban it!

By the way anyone fancy sponsoring me in the WSOP?

Not that I agree with eating dolphins, but it would be interesting to see what the Daily Mail would say about a petition from Indian Hindus demanding that the British stop murdering cows.

This was never about the killing for food of animals, merely the way in which it is carried out, the point is even made previously in this forum that the majority of the dolphins end up as fertiliser or pet food.

If I ever get the hang of it they'll bloody well ban it!

By the way anyone fancy sponsoring me in the WSOP?

the question was raised if anyone had the crime rate comparisons for the UK and japan & i've supplied them as i said i was not excusing the mass killing of dolphins however as i stated you are looking at a completely different culture to the UKs and the west in general and as such trying to judge them by western standards is not always the ideal situation. Yes you can raise petitions and try to alter their way of life and culture but don't be surprised if they tell you to s*d off when you do(a bit like the spanish would do if you told them to stop bull fighting and a bit like the fox hunters have done to the govenment in this country).

On a personnal note i don't agree with what they're doing but am not sure we have the right to tell them to change their way of life and culture to suit our moral beliefs.

And there have been many dictators who have committed genocide in other countries, with other cultures. They could also have told us to sod off and mind our own business. Whether we see things differently or not, it's still bloody wrong! How many ordinary Japanese people would find that sort of thing equally offensive? Most of them I'd say.

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

And there have been many dictators who have committed genocide in other countries, with other cultures. They could also have told us to sod off and mind our own business. Whether we see things differently or not, it's still bloody wrong! How many ordinary Japanese people would find that sort of thing equally offensive? Most of them I'd say.

Right and wrong is difficult to determine as one of the major factors contributing to your view of right or wrong is what culture your brought up in and what its definition of what is morally right or wrong is, your opinion that it is wrong to kill these dolphins is the same as most western peoples opinions would be, however its not necessarily the same as the opinion of someone from the far east who has been bought up in a culture with a whole different view of whats right or wrong. there are things that the japanese would view as being morally wrong about our society and culture but does this give them the right to demand that we change to suit them and would we listen even if they did.As for most ordinary japanese finding the killing of dolphins as offensive as we do i think if you asked them you may be surprised by the answer.

Edited by snakey1

Right and wrong is difficult to determine as one of the major factors contributing to your view of right or wrong is what culture your brought up in and what its definition of what is morally right or wrong is, your opinion that it is wrong to kill these dolphins is the same as most western peoples opinions would be, however its not necessarily the same as the opinion of someone from the far east who has been bought up in a culture with a whole different view of whats right or wrong. there are things that the japanese would view as being morally wrong about our society and culture but does this give them the right to demand that we change to suit them and would we listen even if they did.As for most ordinary japanese finding the killing of dolphins as offensive as we do i think if you asked them you may be surprised by the answer.

You'll never convince me in a million years.

The way those animals were killed is wrong, and the people who did it are worse than animals themselves.

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.