Spot the lie (friendly competition)

ayjay

We were on about Huge's age ayjay. Here he's 36, the last time I looked at his profile he was 26. If he carries on like this, he'll be younger than their lad :blink:

As for his latest selection.

No1. He's got a new series on children's TV, showing his adventures in Toytown. He's also been talked about on the radio...... and does the shortwave on board a boat count?

No2. His photo appeared in the paper with the words WANTED, reward given for information leading to the capture of this man, do not approach, he may be dangerous.

No3. He probably had a photo appear on the front page of the local paper, because, everyone on the island, knows everything about everyone else. So the newspaper only need to be one page.

No4. Well, I never believe a word he says anyway!

So, using my logic, I'll go for...............No1 :blink:

John.

PS Welcome aboard Ken :thumbs:

:bigemo_harabe_net-163::bigemo_harabe_net-163::bigemo_harabe_net-163::bigemo_harabe_net-163:

OK OK........... At least it got somebody else to dabble, good fun actually if you are 'viewing'

Ken has it obviously, but I think Gozzer should be awarded something for his efforts :bangin:

Come along the Ken, let us into your distant and sordid past.

ps. Any posts about sheep will be instantly recognised :bleh:

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Got bitten by an adder with one fang when I was aged 12yrs.

2. Was nailed to a scaffold board by a telescopic beam, nail went through my left palm and out the other side.

3. Survived an earth quake measuring 7.1 in Iran in 1972 with a major fault line 6m from site office.

4. Lost control of a car on a bend it rolled over took out a bus stop and street light and the roof was down on top of the seats and I got out without a scratch

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

3. Survived an earth quake measuring 7.1 in Iran in 1972 with a major fault line 6m from site office.

I'll go for this one, I don't think you survived the 'quake. You were killed but nobody told you. Sorry to break the news like this but it had to be done someday. :blink:

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Sorry to interrupt, but I had to tell you, how much fun it is to read this :bigemo_harabe_net-163: Please keep it up, it's very entertaining.

Patrizia :thumbs:

4ham55k.jpg

I'll go for number 4 then, that being the only one left :rolleyes:

Why don't you join in Patrizia, I'm sure you have a few 'truths' we'd all like to hear about :o:D;)

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

I'de like to, but there is no more number left to take. :bleh: So my secrets are not to be revealed. :secret: But if I could, I would take 4, because, I would never believe, that anybody could survive that. So it must be the lie. Makes no sence, I know, but I would still go for number 4.

Edited by Patrizia

4ham55k.jpg

1. Got bitten by an adder with one fang when I was aged 12yrs.

2. Was nailed to a scaffold board by a telescopic beam, nail went through my left palm and out the other side.

4. Lost control of a car on a bend it rolled over took out a bus stop and street light and the roof was down on top of the seats and I got out without a scratch

1. True, though I never stopped to count his teeth :rolleyes::lol: but I only had one puncture and I remember the hospital saying that it is not uncommon for snakes to loose a fang.

2. True, It happened at HMS Osprey on Portland Bill. I don't know if they still use telescopic beams but they are used to go between to form-work walls extending from about 12' up to a maximum of around 20' as I remember. I tripped on an uneven section of scaffold put my hand out to break my fall nail through scaffold plank, beam landing on hand and Bobs your uncle I was crucified. They sawed of plank, sat me in a dumper and took me to the shore base medical center, the naval officer was quick to grasp the situation, told me to sit down as I went to he pulled the other way and removed nail, no stitches required only the mandatory jab in the never regions.

3. True, we knew the earth quake was imminent I was sat in a jack-up site office with Eric a seismic surveyor who had weathered many earth quakes, when the hut began to shake Eric said my face was a picture to behold :lol: The contractors had just completed several acres of compaction, it looked like a billiard table, after the quake there was a small triangular section upstanding from the compaction about 6" high, it ran in a fairly straight line pass our site office about 20' away, Eric pointed it out and said "There you are Ken the fault line, not much to show for an earth quake is it" Gone were my visions of gaping holes, sadly though about 3000 people lost their lives due to bad buildings which collapsed in the surrounding area.

4. Untrue. It was my brother and his friend John who were in the car, both 6' plus and both ended up under the dash. John spent a couple of days in hospital with shock and some bad bruising but nothing broken, Ray my brother walked away without a scratch. You should have all spotted it, several of my post rave about bad driving and quote a life time of driving without an accident. :lol:

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist