a simple question

nick

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YES

And that is regardless of WHO has any input, so I support 100% those who are trying to do their very best for us despite being heavily criticized for doing so.

I certainly do not envy people like Leon who put in so much unpaid time in order to get the best deal possible (I have just finished reading in full Leon's latest email and it takes some digesting :rolleyes::D ) only to be shot to pieces for their efforts.

Without them at the table we would be in a very sorry state indeed.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

YES

And that is regardless of WHO has any input, so I support 100% those who are trying to do their very best for us despite being heavily criticized for doing so.

I certainly do not envy people like Leon who put in so much unpaid time in order to get the best deal possible (I have just finished reading in full Leon's latest email and it takes some digesting :rolleyes::D ) only to be shot to pieces for their efforts.

Without them at the table we would be in a very sorry state indeed.

Probably wouldn't be any different Ken. The IFWG are insistent on the key issues of Bag limits and Licences being in there, Infact despite strong complaint from anglers in response to draft 3 the intentions of DEFRA to have the ability to use theses measures has been emphasised further in draft 4. Where once the wording was quite loose it is now a lot stronger saying Bag Limits and licences are on the agenda and by the looks of it near the top. As for the rest of the Strategy Its patronising. To think that this group of people are so far up their own rear ends that they are going to advise us on

Appropriate hook selection for size and species of targeted fish and Appropriate terminal tackle selection to minimise tackle losses
is quite frightening. But not bad for 20 quid though.

That's the way Glenn, follow that good old precept of the tabloid press:

"Never let the truth get in the way of a good story"
Edited by nick

Nick

...life

what's it all about...?

Probably wouldn't be any different Ken. The IFWG are insistent on the key issues of Bag limits and Licences being in there, Infact despite strong complaint from anglers in response to draft 3 the intentions of DEFRA to have the ability to use theses measures has been emphasised further in draft 4. Where once the wording was quite loose it is now a lot stronger saying Bag Limits and licences are on the agenda and by the looks of it near the top. As for the rest of the Strategy Its patronising. To think that this group of people are so far up their own rear ends that they are going to advise us on is quite frightening. But not bad for 20 quid though.

I think you will find the hook bits being shelved :lol: They will have enough problems sorting out the rest of it. The thing you have to remember is all those on DEFRA who are involved have to come up with some thing to demonstrate their worthiness look like someone was struggling a bit and hit on hook size as in mesh size :lol::lol: I doubt if he /she even knows what a fish looks like.

eat.gif

Petals Florist

I'm Glad you see that for what it is Ken. I was getting worried about you. This is what concerns me greatly, have these people any clue about anything ? You've got a load of priveledged individuals with University degrees but not 1 degree of common sense or fishing Knowledge telling us how we should go about our business. If I was on that committee and someone said in return for £22 we will advise you on Rotten Bottoms and hook sizes so long as you don't protest to much about the main issues if a licence and Bag limits my reply would be Get real, infact go seek the advice of a docter, give your head a shake on the way there and the way back and then apologise to the angling community for the condescending shite which has just spilled from your mouth.

I can just see them all sat round saying what a wonderful idea it is, Nicola Clarke saying "lets tell those anglers to use a size 2o and a rotten bottom over the rocks" and the NFSA Ferre bloke saying "FINE EFFORT" over and over again. Its so ridiculous its damned funny.

God help us all.

:bigemo_harabe_net-163: :bigemo_harabe_net-163:

JUst out of interest - In development of the strategy who suggested these points ? Come on Leon Shine the spotlight on the Individual who said lets offer anglers some advice on rigs etc ? Who was it ? Which genius came up with that gem ?

This is how our youngsters and new anglers are taught about fishing :

http://www.worldseafishing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59349

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/in...opic,178.0.html

No need for flaming bureaucrats to play any part what so ever

Edited by glennk

I'm Glad you see that for what it is Ken. I was getting worried about you. This is what concerns me greatly, have these people any clue about anything ? You've got a load of priveledged individuals with University degrees but not 1 degree of common sense or fishing Knowledge telling us how we should go about our business. If I was on that committee and someone said in return for £22 we will advise you on Rotten Bottoms and hook sizes so long as you don't protest to much about the main issues if a licence and Bag limits my reply would be Get real, infact go seek the advice of a docter, give your head a shake on the way there and the way back and then apologise to the angling community for the condescending shite which has just spilled from your mouth.

I can just see them all sat round saying what a wonderful idea it is, Nicola Clarke saying "lets tell those anglers to use a size 2o and a rotten bottom over the rocks" and the NFSA Ferre bloke saying "FINE EFFORT" over and over again. Its so ridiculous its damned funny.

God help us all.

:bigemo_harabe_net-163: :bigemo_harabe_net-163:

JUst out of interest - In development of the strategy who suggested these points ? Come on Leon Shine the spotlight on the Individual who said lets offer anglers some advice on rigs etc ? Who was it ? Which genius came up with that gem ?

This is how our youngsters and new anglers are taught about fishing :

http://www.worldseafishing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59349

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/in...opic,178.0.html

No need for flaming bureaucrats to play any part what so ever

Looking at all the positives they far out weigh things like the hooks and terminal tackle, but it does show you what Leon and the rest are up against. When it comes to putting the meat on the bones items like hook size will without a doubt just drop out of sight. The bits I am pleased to see are improved access to beaches and structures, in some cases we will without doubt have to pay for some of this in addition to any licence fee, ie you pay to go on a charter and you pay to go onto a purpose built structure.

It is like the Cyfen Sidan beach where I lost my vehical permit because everyone was banned due to cocklers taking liberties with access, now with these access clauses I can go back and fight my cause with some thing backing me. I would not mind paying £50 a year for a permit to access the beach, pay far more for a telly license to watch 90% rubbish and repeats.

We wanted a better deal, we wanted DEFRA and the rest to take notice of us, well it looks as if we have succeeded but like everything else it will come with strings attached.

That mate is life, no free rides left now days :rolleyes::rolleyes:

eat.gif

Petals Florist

Hi Ken,

It must be damn frustrating not to be able to get onto a mark. To have to pay to go onto a beach is quite sad. It makes me wonder what sort of a world we are living in. Are there not laws in existence which give you the right to access this beach ? I do sympathise with you on that one but would it be right to effect the businesses of charter skippers in my neck of the woods so you can get on a beach you should be allowed on anyway ? Do you see a way that you can get what you want without effecting other people ?

Hi Ken,

It must be damn frustrating not to be able to get onto a mark. To have to pay to go onto a beach is quite sad. It makes me wonder what sort of a world we are living in. Are there not laws in existence which give you the right to access this beach ? I do sympathise with you on that one but would it be right to effect the businesses of charter skippers in my neck of the woods so you can get on a beach you should be allowed on anyway ? Do you see a way that you can get what you want without effecting other people ?

We can walk onto the beach, but both entrances are within a couple of hundred yards of each other, the beach from end to end is over twelve miles, about three and a half to the east of entrances and eight plus to the west. Good marks are spread out along the beach, a couple within walking distance but the best ones are well out of reach. The other problem is parking, the entrance outside Pembrey Park has parking but it is remote and has problems with those light fingered blighters, the entrance inside Pembrey Park you have to pay to use and then walk :rolleyes:

I cannot see it having an effect on chartering thats' if your referring to the license, let's be honest if your hobby is not worth forking out £20 for then it aint much of a deal.

Bag limits will vary from species to species and areas to areas and will as I understand it be dealt with on a local basis, so when the time comes rally all the lads in your area and tell them( DEFRA & Co) what you want as loudly as possible. I am sure they will not want to be seen creating job losses as a result of doing some thing which is supposed to improve things for anglers. It will be difficult no doubt about that but I think with plenty of good input we will all get reasonable results, they won't be 100% that's for sure, but it will give us something to build on.

You have to look at this as a foundation on dodgy ground, no one knows how it will perform, but once it is in place if it needs a bit of under-pinning we will just have to get the job sorted :rolleyes::thumbs::clap2:

eat.gif

Petals Florist