New Bait Bomb

rooney888

Ive just come across this in this weeks angling times so i thought id explain to you what it is, how it works and show you some pics.

The feeder is the shape of a spod and threds on the line like an inline feeder or lead. Unlike a spod this spod like object springs open longways. This is done by a sping loaded mechanism, the bait bomb is put together and you put a little PVA band over the clip on either part of the bait bomb. This hold it together while you put the feeder mix into it. You do this by opening the cap at the top of the bait bomb, then putting in you desired bait. They say any type of bait can be put into it. When you chuck it out the bait bomb land to the bottom weighted side down so this meening it allways land with the opening at the top, so when the band disolves the bait bomb springs open and thows the bait out making a carpet of bait around your hookbait.

They are for sale now for £6.99 and inculed 40 pva bands.

The pva bands are sold separate at £2.49 for 50 and £3.99 for 100

And 4 additionel link tubes can be bought for £0.99

Theve only just started selling them i believe and i wander if they would be willing to let anglersnet try one out. good to see how efective it really is. I dont know who deals with getting tackle to review but i hope they could get one of these to try out. Maybe you could get 2 and let a corse/match angler have one and let a specimen angler have another to try out so we can see how good they are for both sets of fishing.

you can visit there website by clicking here

Below are some pictures of the bait bomb

post-7933-1173836642_thumb.jpg

This picture is of the Bait Bomb and its mechanism

post-7933-1173836648_thumb.jpg

This picture shows the PVA system

post-7933-1173836652_thumb.jpg

This picture shows you the cap in which you put you bait

Edited by rooney888
84854438.png

Sounds like a very over complicated, over engineered spod to me. What are the supposed advantages?

As long as it's ridiculously expensive with high running costs (the pva bits) I'm sure it will sell well!

Tim

Just looked at the website. It's a ridiculously over complicated over engineered cross between a swimfeeder and a method feeder! I think some people imagine problems which they then take great pleasure in solving ingeniously!

Tim

Not having actually seen or tested one, it looks as though it would have some uses. Accurate bait placing like getting hemp out to where you want it.

Yes, I can see possibilities....BUT..............not with a baited hook attached! Imagine retrieving that with a big carp on the end as well!

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

It's just another needless gadget :rolleyes: I can't think of a situation where this would be better than a feeder or a spod. It's clearly been designed to create a way of selling the pva bands - surely a 'wind-up' version have been made which pings the door open after 5 minutes.

I'd also question how it can be guarenteed to always land top-side up. I bet it wasn't tested on slopes (like gravel bars) or weed.

I find it funny how carpers are constantly trying to get that 'edge' by using every trick in the book to hide their line and camo everything up - and then launch a fisher-price polaris missile into the lake :lol:

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

• 1 year later...

sorry to resurrect an old thread, but it is easter :)

i was actually considering buying a couple of these contraptions. here's my logic, i spend an awful lot on PVA mesh in the summer months. wouldn't this work out to be a cheaper and less hassle option (if one didn't lose the thing on the first cast).

Jack Pike Hunter Extraordinaire

This is not a spod as it works in conjuntion with the hooklength and I really cannot see where there is any benefit over a method feeder or a PVA bag. The other thing that I am not keen on is the fact that you dont really know how long it takes for the PVA tie to melt enough for the springs to work and also what happens to the line and hooklength after plus coupled with the comment previously that it would be very prone to snagging. No. as far as I am concerned this one certainly gets a miss. I like my rigs as simple and safe as possible.

Very silly point but no-ones mentioned it. Have you ever handled a dry swimfeeder when you've been fishing with one? surely getting the pva loops in place would be a nighht mare and with a feeder you cast what 6 times an hour if your baiting a bream swim.

everytime i catch a fish i'm lucky when i blank i'm a hopeless angler.