Bradshaw bottles it.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They were probably surprised by the chairman of a supposedly large regional angling organisation accompanying the commercials, and speaking against any increase in the bass mls, which was probably a significant factor in considering DEFRA's options.

Hi Leon, any news or details on the 'angling' organization and chairman who joined the commercial?

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Hi Leon, any news or details on the 'angling' organization and chairman who joined the commercial?

Sorry Barry, I don't live down that way, so I don't really know the people and politics involved.

Best to contact someone involved down in the South-West for good information.

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Sorry Barry, I don't live down that way, so I don't really know the people and politics involved.

Best to contact someone involved down in the South-West for good information.

Thanks Leon, i recon if this organisation can't be found or identified a lot of guys will consider this to be a ploy by someone or outfit? I do have mates down the west country and i will look forward to having a chat with them this easter.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Thanks Leon, i recon if this organisation can't be found or identified a lot of guys will consider this to be a ploy by someone or outfit? I do have mates down the west country and i will look forward to having a chat with them this easter.

Hi Barry

As I live in the South West, I'll tell what I've heard.

The guy who is chairman of the South West Federation of Sea Anglers is Andy Alcock from Weymouth.

I have no idea if the real Chairman of the SWFSA attended the Bradshaw meeting with the NFFO reps and helped to throw away the best opportunity in years to get our bass stocks restored, or if it was an impostor.

Cheers

Steve

Hi Barry

As I live in the South West, I'll tell what I've heard.

The guy who is chairman of the South West Federation of Sea Anglers is Andy Alcock from Weymouth.

I have no idea if the real Chairman of the SWFSA attended the Bradshaw meeting with the NFFO reps and helped to throw away the best opportunity in years to get our bass stocks restored, or if it was an impostor.

Cheers

Steve

Many thanks for the info Steve. All of this does not make sence to me. Weymouth as you know has a very good resident stock of bass, why would an angler target 36cm there is beyond me. In the sw during the summer there is very good bassing with live makerel over the wrecks, so again why is there a need to target 36cm from an anglers point of view. I think this is all hogwash. We will see. Roll on easter i'm at paignton for a few days. Mind you i'm at weymouth this weekend, i'll take some semtex with me? JOKE HONEST.

Edited by barry luxton

It is pleasing that the nffo has raised concern regarding disgards. Perhaps now we can get to the hub of the problem and to get rid of discard as much as is practical. That can only be good for the bass, commercial and rsa.

I understand the commercial bass take per year is under four mill, in addtiton it is confirmed commercially that the discard, waste when using netting as apposed to trawling is negligible.

There lies the solution. Stop trawling for the bass as the main target, It wouldn't be difficult as some have said it is quite easy to 'scare' the bass away. Only allow netting, that would increase the value and amount of stock, employ more netters.

It is pleasing that the nffo has raised concern regarding disgards. Perhaps now we can get to the hub of the problem and to get rid of discard as much as is practical. That can only be good for the bass, commercial and rsa.

I understand the commercial bass take per year is under four mill, in addtiton it is confirmed commercially that the discard, waste when using netting as apposed to trawling is negligible.

There lies the solution. Stop trawling for the bass as the main target, It wouldn't be difficult as some have said it is quite easy to 'scare' the bass away. Only allow netting, that would increase the value and amount of stock, employ more netters.

Hi barry

If as you say ban trawling I will increase the amount of my mono trammels so as to work 10 miles a day and so to will alot of other people.

The biomass of large bass will plummet along with the bass price

steve

Hi barry

If as you say ban trawling I will increase the amount of my mono trammels so as to work 10 miles a day and so to will alot of other people.

The biomass of large bass will plummet along with the bass price

steve

Hi Steve, i am talking about discard here, nffo has rightly pointed out thier concern. If that can be reduced then obviously there will be more small bass coming on for all surly. They would again become the new large biomass for all. No discard. If you end up catching less bass but at a more realistic size then the value of that fish cannot deminish regarding natural supply and demand? We are not talking about a huge fishery here so i can't really see much pain involved to adjust to a more practical solution to enable uk fishery to have a stock that all could benifit. You wouldn't go out with the intention of removing a bass stock knowing that it would take years to replace would you?

Edited by barry luxton