I don't think they'd get a Wingham membership !

Tigger

All,

Ha ha - YES ! - of course when there is an honest fisherman along side things would be different. I need not worry - I've never met an honest American fisherman.

Phone

Of course we as anglers have a responsibility to the fish we catch to release them as unharmed as possible, so if nothing else they can offer sport to those that come after us. Yes they are fish, but not 'just' fish, but as unique as any other species including Man. Any hunter worth his salt will respect his quarry, and to treat fish as a commodity is for me pretty poor,and even worse from someone who actually is employed as a balliff

Thankfully most anglers now practice catch and release, including the game boys, because through education we know now that we must preserve as much as possible valuable breeding stocks.

I would be mortified if I 'lost' any fish through neglecting my responsibilities as an angler, however sometimes it is unavoidable, but I shudder at some of the comments on here actually advocating such careless attitude, this is an Angling site, and surely we owe it to ourselves condemn those who merely seek to undermine the good name of Angling?

• Like 1

So you believe fish are not a commodity ,exactly why do people join clubs or fish commercials ? What is the commodity that attracts them? Or more importantly gets money from punters to fish for them? And what is the commodity sold by fish farms to clubs so clubs can get the money to buy them

Everything on earth is a commodity including humans

Condemn who you like its your choice and others choices not to ,my post as a bailiff requires me to enforce rules not to make personal judgements ,outside of the club and its rules i prefer to keep my nose out of others business just as i would them to keep theirs out of mine

And yes fish are just fish to the vast majority of people on earth

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Not every water is a commercial water chesters so they cant be a commodity, can they ?

ive fished only 2 commercials in my life; a trout fishery and a carp fishery. The rest of the waters I go on dont have clubs, bailiffs, or even a permit for money to go back in to them if a lot of stock is killed and are left to nature and thats probably the case for that Irish water in the video on the first post (which has now been removed)

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

Your a very lucky person and rare but you will find most things only exist because they have a value ,if they have a value they are a commodity even to the slight extent of charging a tax to fish for them ,more luck on your part

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

OTIB,

Used interchangeably it hard for me to be exactly sure what you are saying.

STOCK - a supply of goods kept on hand for sale to customers

COMMODITY - a product as distinguished from a service.

"Careless attitude" is usually opinion. Many English opinions promote carelessness from a fish perspective. The difference between England and the world is that you think you are right. Not true.

Phone

http://www.fao.org/fishery/cwp/handbook/R/en

Live fish are also a commodity if you trade the use of them for money ,even tourism uses them as a commodity even if the angling part is left to others to benefit from the fish as a commodity ,anything including views (as in landscapes etc) or included in those commodities become commodities themselves

IE if the isle of skye had in its tourism brochure ,the views great ,the animals wild and the fish uncaught all of them become commodities ,it really doesnt matter what you think it is so fish are a commodity and if you fish they become your commodity its called demand ,and when anything is demanded its a commodity

Commodity

http://www.tweedguide.com/?gclid=CK7Pt_bd_cUCFeLKtAodBnkAhg

Commodity

http://www.visitscotland.com/see-do/activities/fishing/where-to-fish

Commodity

http://scotlandwelcomesyou.com/fishing-in-scotland/

Commodity

http://www.embracescotland.co.uk/holiday-inspiration/types/fishing-scotland/

Need more?

So the ludicrous thought fish are not a commodity has gone

Edited by chesters1

So you believe fish are not a commodity ,exactly why do people join clubs or fish commercials ? What is the commodity that attracts them? Or more importantly gets money from punters to fish for them? And what is the commodity sold by fish farms to clubs so clubs can get the money to buy them

Everything on earth is a commodity including humans

Condemn who you like its your choice and others choices not to ,my post as a bailiff requires me to enforce rules not to make personal judgements ,outside of the club and its rules i prefer to keep my nose out of others business just as i would them to keep theirs out of mine

And yes fish are just fish to the vast majority of people on earth

Humans nature dictates we have compassion too, amongst other traits that you demonstrate perfectly well. To describe humans in fact any creature is a mere commodity is ridiculous, Creatures were not formed to be a food source for another creature, but evolution dictated prey vs hunted,

I have no problem with that as it is natures way.it is not however natures way to inflict unnecessary suffering and death if you will on any creature, unless we are intent on eating it. As far as I understand you don't each your catch, if you actually fish, and I suppose neither do the members at the Great Pond or wherever. So it is only common sense, even if you have no compassion to ensure proper handling of fish.

The casual observer might also think that such a attitude might not be ideal, perhaps explaining to the next anti fishing bod you encounter that fish are a mere commodity would be the reply they could only dream of, and from a balliff!!

I do appreciate you are Chesters1 and you have a licence to talk utter carp, mostly, but even the the most novice of all anglers would bulk at these sentiments of yours.

Oh well :doh:

OTIB,

Used interchangeably it hard for me to be exactly sure what you are saying.

STOCK - a supply of goods kept on hand for sale to customers

COMMODITY - a product as distinguished from a service.

"Careless attitude" is usually opinion. Many English opinions promote carelessness from a fish perspective. The difference between England and the world is that you think you are right. Not true.

Phone

Thankfully being Human would counter this silly reply Mr Phone, being American is not really a defence you know .