I don't think they'd get a Wingham membership !

Tigger

I thought so Steve, I haven't fish as far North as that, mainly Dumfries and Galoway, and Ayrshire, more coarse fishing around there.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Nowt but trout! And sticklebacks.

Well, theoretically, also maybe sea trout and salmon in the one with an outflow to the sea loch, but...

Caught a gorgeous male stickleback on the fly, though unfortunately I foul hooked it as I lifted off for the back cast. Not perfect fish handling, but it swam away ok...

gozzer,

You are indeed "missing something". You are far to somber. Post #4 is/was a Metaphysical disjunctivism, a visual experience, involving a “good case” perception and a “bad case” perception. The result should be curious, funny, intense, lyrical or scary.

Post #4 make fun of the inevitable direction this thread was bound to go (see 800 previous threads).

A RIGHT ANSWER cannot be reached through objective studies or material reality. Not this time or any of the previous thousands of times the subject has been addressed.

Fishing is fun, it is relaxing, it is refreshing and it is declining, especially with younger people. Certainly you can make a case for “protecting your form of ownership” with personal “good case/bad case examples as the voice of critical critics. But does it make you right?

Phone

gozzer,

You are indeed "missing something". You are far to somber. Post #4 is/was a Metaphysical disjunctivism, a visual experience, involving a “good case” perception and a “bad case” perception. The result should be curious, funny, intense, lyrical or scary.

Post #4 make fun of the inevitable direction this thread was bound to go (see 800 previous threads).

A RIGHT ANSWER cannot be reached through objective studies or material reality. Not this time or any of the previous thousands of times the subject has been addressed.

Fishing is fun, it is relaxing, it is refreshing and it is declining, especially with younger people. Certainly you can make a case for “protecting your form of ownership” with personal “good case/bad case examples as the voice of critical critics. But does it make you right?

Phone

That's easy for you to say!

I'll stick to plain old English if you don't mind Phone. What I think you were trying to say was, you think I'm stuck in the past, you've heard it all before, (although 800s of times is, I feel a slight exaggeration), we keep going over the same ground, and we never reach a solution, no one will change their opinion, etc, etc etc.

I only know that because you have said the same thing many times before, almost every time we have this discussion, (I wouldn't say 800s of times though, I'm not prone to exaggeration). In fact I find it strange that you should use virtually the same argument over and over again, to try and dissuade me from constantly trying to persuade others to look at the bigger picture, and not just at catching fish.

As to whether it was curious, funny, intense, lyrical or scary....not to me. More strange and irrelevant, but that might just be me.

Does it make me right? In my mind it does. :D

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

gozzer,

You shouldn't talk about the "bigger picture". You live on a tiny island.

Yes, I'm prone to exaggeration. I am, after all Phone. You are half right.

Phone

Or half wrong

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

gozzer,

You shouldn't talk about the "bigger picture". You live on a tiny island.

Yes, I'm prone to exaggeration. I am, after all Phone. You are half right.

Phone

A bigger picture is relative to the size of the smaller picture, regardless of the size of it's surroundings. A big fish in a small pond, could well be smaller than a small fish in a big pond. That is unless it's Phone that catches it, then it will be the biggest, regardless of it's actual size. :)

John.