fishing on tv

dapper64

just read angling times and it says that the discovery channel are not going to make any more angling programmes I for one like watching these programmes and will be dissapointed ,as other anglers what are ?your oppinions

Can you routinely get any of the US TV programs?

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Guest Rabbit

If thats the case then its sad. I suppose programmes such as Miami Ink and endless American car /hot rods / hogs rebuilds are more of an interest to a British audience.

What the hell the likes of Matt Hayes, Mick Brown, John Wilson and other such angling legends will do know is very concerning :unsure:

if thats whats going to happen than ill be disapointed becasue i love watching fishing on discovery real time

ecspiealy the great rod race

mike finlay the carpinator

What they have said is they won't be commissioning any more. however, they have a huge libarary and all thorugh April they are dedicating real time extra to back to back fishing progs. of course the Beeb might be interested in commissioning more programmes.

take a look at my blog

http://chubcatcher.blogspot.co.uk/

What they have said is they won't be commissioning any more. however, they have a huge libarary and all thorugh April they are dedicating real time extra to back to back fishing progs. of course the Beeb might be interested in commissioning more programmes.

Unfortunately Peter, the Beeb don't seem in the slightest bit interested in fishing as entertainment for the masses - even though it's practised by the masses.

Our chief weapon is surprise

Unfortunately Peter, the Beeb don't seem in the slightest bit interested in fishing as entertainment for the masses - even though it's practised by the masses.

Being practised by and being watched are two different things. The BBC will only commission something that they think will improve their ratings. The recent angling series they commissioned was great - though sadly considerably less popular with 'the masses' of anglers.

"Life is much too important a thing ever to talk seriously about it."

I reckon I've seen them all at least twice previously. Strange why they are not making any more - I would have thought the demand would have been much greater than some of the stuff on there - i.e. caravanning, canal-boating, garden sheds (yes, really!).

Odd the way TV works.

We have the angling + travelogue programs.

We have lots of two mates fishing and catching some nice fish programs.

We have angling + mad chuckles and flora/fauna shots.

We have several versions of the two anglers challenging each other format.

Given that the main viewers of angling programs are anglers, it's odd that nobody had ever done the "This is what I'm doing and this is why I'm doing it" format.

OK, so theres limited mass appeal but on satalite, why not

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.