*** URGENT *** MISSING PERSON ***

Janet

Hi guys,

I hope you canal anglers may be able to help with this.

A 47ft narrowboat HOLLY has not been returned from hire. The boat was hired from the 9th March to 23rd March from Middlewich Narrowboats by a man from Hertfordshire who was intending to sail single handed.

The boat was not returned, and he is now officially listed as a missing person. A police helicopter has been searching for the boat, without success.

The gentleman who hired the boat is from the St. Albans area. He is listed as a missing person with Herfordshire police. His address has checked out with the address he left, and he paid by credit card. The police have traced his relatives and been in to his house, his mobile phone charger was at home, there was no evidence that he had been there since 9.3.07 (when he hired the boat). He also left a vehicle with the boatyard which is registered to the same address. It does not appear that he intentionally booked the boat with the idea of stealing it.

There are very serious concerns for his safety. The last sighting of the boat appears to be at Bridge 11 on the Stratford upon Avon heading for Hockley Heath.

Further details, and the full story can be found at http://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=8050

Contact numbers for any sightings:

Middlewich Narrowboats 01606 832460

trish@middlewichboats.co.uk during office hours Monday - Saturday

In the evening or on Sundays contact Cheshire Police on 01606 480000 Crime Ref. No. 421 dated 24.3.07

If you're out on the banks, please keep an eye out for this boat.

Cheers lads,

Janet

Edited by JSD

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope they find him soon, Janet. A 47ft boat should be fairly easy to spot, now people know to be on the lookout for it.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

This is a picture of the missing boat.

canalboat.jpg

Let's hope someone spots him and we get a good resolution to this. However, there are real and very serious concerns for this guys safety. It's not looking good at the moment. His family must be frantic with worry.

Can we please pin this topic so that everyone is aware of it?

Janet

I've added this as a headline article to the main Anglers' Net site:

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/News/missing_c...boat_holly.html

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

This isn't a joke. There is serious cause for concern about this guy.

Please, all of you, keep an eye out if you're on the canal bank this weekend, and report anything you find that may help to the following contacts:-

trish@middlewichboats.co.uk (during office hours Monday - Saturday)

In the evening or on Sundays please contact Cheshire Police on 01606 480000

Crime Ref. No. 421 dated 24.3.07

Janet

Edited by JSD

Janet - no one with any brains would think this was a joke.

Good that you posted it and hopefully there will be a good result although with a boat that size on a canal, I can't imagine it not being spotted if it were above water.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Guest Brumagem Phil

Well i'm in south birmingham (not far from alvechurch boatyard)......is this on the same section of canal that he was last seen? If so I can take a drive down and have a look around if you'd like?

Anywhere else you'd like me to look in the immediate area I can but am unfamiliar with the canal network so you'll have to tell me where you want me to look.

Hope that might be of some help.

Guest Ferret1959
This isn't a joke. There is serious cause for concern about this guy.

Please, all of you, keep an eye out if you're on the canal bank this weekend, and report anything you find that may help to the following contacts:-

trish@middlewichboats.co.uk (during office hours Monday - Saturday)

In the evening or on Sundays please contact Cheshire Police on 01606 480000

Crime Ref. No. 421 dated 24.3.07

Janet

Janet.

I hope you don't think I was treating it as a joke?

I have now tried to boost the topic back to the top of the page using ^^^^^^ these arrows but some one has removed the posts??

Plus I willbe around Stratford on Avon and Evesham over Easter.

I will keep a look out too.

is there any way of contacting the fishing clubs within a couple of miles who own/hire stretches of the canal were it was last seen. All the strestches would have a baillif who comes down nearly everyday and ask if they had seen the boat.

ps. may sound stupid, but has anyone checked on google and any other search engine, someone may have seen something strange or know whats happened without knwoing about the boat and person being missing.

Edited by rooney888
84854438.png