*** URGENT *** MISSING PERSON ***

Janet

MESSAGE RECEIVED FROM MIDDLEWICH BOATS TODAY

We have had a message left on our answer machine overnight of a possible sighting on the Leicester branch of the Grand Union Canal in or around the Foxton area. We have also been told that Mr Kings mother lives in or around the Leicester area. If anybody in or around that area could keep an eye out for the boat, we would be very grateful.

p.s. There will also be an appeal on BBC 1 - North West tonight from 6.30 pm today, Thursday 12.4.07 and hopefully on BBC news 24. I will keep you informed of further sightings.

pps. whilst writing this, we have had a further sighting of Holly at Husband Bosworth Tunnel yesterday. Is anybody in this area??? Not sure which direction he is going.

Please keep an eye out if you're in the area.

Janet

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If hes heading back south he has to go through long buckby warf , i have a friend on the boats there i'll ask them to pass it on to all the residents in the area and i'll keep my eyes open still.

everytime i catch a fish i'm lucky when i blank i'm a hopeless angler.

Guest Ferret1959

No promises but I might get the push bike out over the weekend.

Could ride the towpath if there is one at MKT Bosworth. :)

Following the recent sightings, I'd expected to hear today that Holly had been found, but she's still missing. How on earth has he managed to evade everyone for so long?

Janet

PS. Ferret, if you do get out on your bike, make sure to wear some sunblock! It's going to be a scorcher.

Guest Ferret1959

If Holly was spotted near MKT Harb why ain't the police rushing about looking?

How far can one travel at 4mph?

The boat can't be far away.............that's if it was Holly.

Guest Rabbit
Following the recent sightings, I'd expected to hear today that Holly had been found, but she's still missing. How on earth has he managed to evade everyone for so long?

Janet

PS. Ferret, if you do get out on your bike, make sure to wear some sunblock! It's going to be a scorcher.

Blimey how far is he going to cycle ....the Suez Canal?

Unfortunately there are more than 30 boats on the canal system registered with the name "Holly", and many more named "Holly-Anne" etc.

It's amazing that this boat has managed to get "lost" for so long. On the canal forum where it was first reported, we've had nearly 14,500 views of the topic, so that means many people are aware of the situation, but still no resolution.

All very strange! The last time a boat went "missing", the towpath telegraph, and a very vigilant BW woman located it within just days. Let's hope there's a positive outcome to this, and it turns out the guy has just lost track of time and it's nothing more sinister. As he left his car and credit card details with the boatyard, it doesn't seem as though he's just tried to steal the boat, but after all this time, nothing can be discounted.

Many thanks to all of you who are following this, and looking out for this boat when you get chance. I'm sure your efforts are much appreciated by his family, who must be absolutely frantic with worry. This man has been reported by them as a missing person. Let's hope we find him soon.

Janet

If he did steal it. Would it be easy for someone to repaint the boat, change the interior and add a new name and register it again. I was just wandering how easy it would be for someone to do this.

As the person may give Frauded or stolen information and details would there be any way of telling the boat. Is there certain things added to a boat which can be put on it to identify it such as markings or numbers.

Edited by rooney888
84854438.png

Latest update, from Middlewich Narrowboats, the owners of the missing narrowboat Holly.

"Hi

I can confirm that the boat has been spotted on the Hatton Flight on 29 March. A gentleman has sent us a picture which our Manager and engineers have confirmed is Holly, now painted blue, the cratch covers and cratch boards have been removed and so the boat does look totally different. I have sent a picture to Jon and hopefully he will get this up as soon as possible. The gent. on the boat said that he was heading to Oxford doing up the boat and selling it. If anyone wants a copy of the picture, please pm me and I will send one to you.

Trish"

Keep your eyes open guys. This guy has had us all worried, thinking he may have had an accident. Now it seems like he's just a common thief, and has tried to disguise the boat and do a runner. I'll post a picture when I get one.

Janet