cyclists

Andy_1984

Corydoras - The government wants OUR money, so they play it all cute. Road Tax should be, as the name suggests, a tax to be spent ENTIRELY on the roads - in fact when it was introduced, it was with the solemn promise from the government that the money would be spent SOLELY on maintenance and improvement of the road network. ( and before someone takes delight in telling me that it is not enough, there are approximately 26 MILLION CARS on the road today each paying an average £130.00 road tax. That is by my calculation £23,800,000,000.00 from CARS only - what about vans, trucks, buses etc.?) Fuel tax is, well, tax to use the road system.

We all know that is not what happens, but that is what was SUPPOSED to happen.

Suddenly the world was tipped on its head: Fuel is "dirty", scarce, and definately NOT "green".

No matter what fuel is used the government NEEDS that money.

The only reason the roads system is updated and repaired, is because of lobbying from the transport or road users. The government must keep the goose that is laying the golden eggs happy!

Cyclists would be laughed at!

Edited by kleinboet

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Corydoras - The government wants OUR money, so they play it all cute. Road Tax should be, as the name suggests, a tax to be spent ENTIRELY on the roads - in fact when it was introduced, it was with the solemn promise from the government that the money would be spent SOLELY on maintenance and improvement of the road network. ( and before someone takes delight in telling me that it is not enough, there are approximately 26 MILLION CARS on the road today each paying an average £130.00 road tax. That is by my calculation £23,800,000,000.00 from CARS only - what about vans, trucks, buses etc.?) Fuel tax is, well, tax to use the road system.

We all know that is not what happens, but that is what was SUPPOSED to happen.

Suddenly the world was tipped on its head: Fuel is "dirty", scarce, and definately NOT "green".

No matter what fuel is used the government NEEDS that money.

The only reason the roads system is updated and repaired, is because of lobbying from the transport or road users. The government must keep the goose that is laying the golden eggs happy!

On a local scale the goverment said that when the dartford crossing had paid for itself, it would be handed back to the local authority to spend the monies raised on the transport and road system, locally. What have they done instead, 50% rise in the crossing cost, little discount for locals, the excuse used is that the gov are concerned about the rise in traffic. What's happening locally, thousands and thousands of houses etc. Therefore more traffic, more money for gov ltd. Ba............ds

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Guest Ferret1959

If all the taxes got in to one big pot why the fork shouldn't cyclists put some money in there?

Why should they get away with out insurance, road safety test, bike roadworthyness(if that's a real word) test and vital safety clothing?

Come on you push bike riders answer the questions.

If all the taxes got in to one big pot why the fork shouldn't cyclists put some money in there?

Why should they get away with out insurance, road safety test, bike roadworthyness(if that's a real word) test and vital safety clothing?

Come on you push bike riders answer the questions.

i'll ask my 13 year old to take his bike in for an m.o.t . shall i.and perhaps i'll get him to put a a tax disc to the handle bars :angry:

BZ - nice to see you back posting.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Most cyclists or their parents already pay taxes!

Andy 1984 - I agree 100% - but don't argue with bluezulu, or you will be modded. From what I see on here, if Ferret said the weekend begins on Friday night, Bluezulu would argue that it wasn't!

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

Have to say, not being allowed on the roads with my bike would have severely curtailed my fishing as a kid!

Some mandatory training wouldn't have done me any harm, though, and maybe a registration scheme would have helped prevent my bike being stolen.