cyclists

Andy_1984

Oh!! To live in FRANCE!! I don't actually pay ANY "ROAD TAX" at all!! :D

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Rabbit
thats nothing i once seen one of em going up the M8 :huh:

yeah i think all forms of vehicle that use roads that are made for (drivers) we pay hundreds of pounds each year for our right and privledge why should anyone else be any different. feels like the big nasty car doesnt have any say in it because bikes and such are greener

Andy since when cars have been more important then a childs life, or anyones life? Dont get me wrong I do drive cars and I actually enjoy driving, but no way should these idiots behind a wheel use their cars as a weapon, which does happen. I have seen countless acts of mindless thuggery by young drivers who seem to have no regard to the safety of others, in fact they use their cars as some sort of weapon to intimidate others.

Last summer a 'petrol head' son of a neighbour, had his mate road test his hot hatch up and down our road, I dealt with and it hasn't happened again. It really is an accident waiting to happen, what if a child stepped out between two parked cars? No chance! That image is enough for me to take action against the lads that speed, and seems to get them thinking. Can you imagine how the driver could live with himself? Let alone the family of the child. But thats NOT fantasy it DOES happen, chilling isn't it.

Another incident a young 'chav' got out of his car and threatened a pensiner driver because he would not give way to him beacause the 'chav' wanted to speed along this 'track'. His chav mates just sat in that back and laughed. They didn't laugh much when plod nicked them.

The fact that we drivers pay for the right to drive on the roads does not give us the right to bully any road user including cyclists, does it?

"The fact that we drivers pay for the right to drive on the roads does not give us the right to bully any road user including cyclists, does it?"

seemingly in 4x4 circles yes ,your big so you get automatic right to go first (in their eyes),not just cyclist but us poor motorcyclists as well ,yep theres plenty of pricks out and about now on mobikes now the suns arrived (strange i never see them when its snowing :rolleyes: ) but i get elbowed out the way most days by aggressive drivers and i do pay road tax and insurance,one chap appologised when he nearly hit me and i wear a high vis jacket and have my lights on!!!!!.

another old chap knocked me off and wrecked my bike several years ago!! his penalty was fines off £50 for undue care ,£10 for defective eyesight (with me wearing an ORANGE reflective jacket ,lights and the bike plastered with reflective stickers it must have been VERY defective!!) and to top it all £10 for no insurance he got it light to what i got ,which was a totalled bike and concussion for a week and seeing my helmet was cut off a new skid lid!!

unfortunately no form of personnal claims then and my insurance company wasent interested as i had only third party and he changed address quickly after :angry: :angry:

i still think a personal insurance is needed for cyclists,they dent cars just as cars dent them!

fluffy "pensiner" :P we all make typos you see

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

And as the topic is about cyclists and cycling we shouldn't be bringing up how car drivers are using the roads, no comparison really is it?

I am afraid it is necessary to bring up how cars use the roads, particularly because many drivers have no idea how to drive around a cyclist.

is it like horses ,you drive very quietly behind them up to about 6ft then toot your horn several times ,the nice horsey then jumps into the verge and bolts for the horizon leaving your path clear?

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

[/b]

Andy since when cars have been more important then a childs life, or anyones life? Dont get me wrong I do drive cars and I actually enjoy driving, but no way should these idiots behind a wheel use their cars as a weapon, which does happen. I have seen countless acts of mindless thuggery by young drivers who seem to have no regard to the safety of others, in fact they use their cars as some sort of weapon to intimidate others.

Last summer a 'petrol head' son of a neighbour, had his mate road test his hot hatch up and down our road, I dealt with and it hasn't happened again. It really is an accident waiting to happen, what if a child stepped out between two parked cars? No chance! That image is enough for me to take action against the lads that speed, and seems to get them thinking. Can you imagine how the driver could live with himself? Let alone the family of the child. But thats NOT fantasy it DOES happen, chilling isn't it.

Another incident a young 'chav' got out of his car and threatened a pensiner driver because he would not give way to him beacause the 'chav' wanted to speed along this 'track'. His chav mates just sat in that back and laughed. They didn't laugh much when plod nicked them.

The fact that we drivers pay for the right to drive on the roads does not give us the right to bully any road user including cyclists, does it?

i in no way said it was ok to bully other road users but we are the ones who pay high amounts of cash each year so we can use it, its unfortunate that alot of idiots use roads in the wrong ways and cyclists are no diffrent you have the sensible ones who take care and the idiots who zig zag through traffic and red lights they then get hit by a car who the driver could well be a realy good driver but because the other guy was on a bike the driver is always to blame.

if the cyclist who nearly hit me on a pubic footpath about 3ft wide i woulda called the cops as im sure you would if a motorbike came down the path.

what do you mean by cars being more important than a childs life ? i dont see how this can come into it unless you mean letting them use their bikes on roads. why would they be there to start with a road is no place for a child.

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

Came home from fishing today. 2 Cyclists side by side chatting to each other, completely blocking the BUS LANE!!! The bus traveling behind them flashed his lights and hooted and these guys just ignored him!!! Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrsoles!!!

Edited by kleinboet

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

Guest Rabbit
i in no way said it was ok to bully other road users but we are the ones who pay high amounts of cash each year so we can use it, its unfortunate that alot of idiots use roads in the wrong ways and cyclists are no diffrent you have the sensible ones who take care and the idiots who zig zag through traffic and red lights they then get hit by a car who the driver could well be a realy good driver but because the other guy was on a bike the driver is always to blame.

if the cyclist who nearly hit me on a pubic footpath about 3ft wide i woulda called the cops as im sure you would if a motorbike came down the path.

what do you mean by cars being more important than a childs life ? i dont see how this can come into it unless you mean letting them use their bikes on roads. why would they be there to start with a road is no place for a child.

Andy

The point I was making is that some drivers, especially young male drivers have no regard to other road users including cyclists and pedestrians, we have all seen many examples of that!! I was also illustrating in the event of a fatality or seious injury caused by dangerous driving just how much it ruins lives, not only for the victim and family, but the driver as well. Dont get me wrong I love speed in car or a motorcycle, but I do sometimes have a mental picture of me hitting a child, that does seem to concentrate my mind somewhat.

I dont like to see cyclists taking the pi$$, especially the hands free tricksters, a loud beep of the horn, before passing them seems to have the right effect, they grab that handlebar quicker than a cobras strike, only to feel completly 'done' and go back to the hands free again...but at least they have been warned.

Andy

What bit of the sentence, "Road Tax and Fuel Duty do not go into paying for the roads" don't you understand?

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Guest Ferret1959
Andy

What bit of the sentence, "Road Tax and Fuel Duty do not go into paying for the roads" don't you understand?

Why are you so nasty in the way you reply?

You have a very aggressive attitude in my opinion and you always think you are right don't you?

:headhurt::headhurt::headhurt: