Locked Thread

Guest Rabbit

Firstly, as most of you already know we don't get paid for looking after these forums, it's all voluntary.

Secondly, it is often much easier to just lock a thread rather than wade through it deleting any offending posts and then have to edit out quotes in other posts. That thread was going nowhere fast anyway, and if Newt hadn't locked it, I would have.

Thirdly, live with it....

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Rabbit
It wasn't intended as a joke, I really thought by the way you post, that you were a young girl and I didn't want to offend you if you were.

Romney Marsh is a place, how can that be funny ?

Are you sure you are not a young girl.

No not a Bunny Girl. :unsure: Why this thing about young girls?? Is it that you really thought I was a young girl because I am not afraid to show some concern about cruelty to animals? Real men dont do that Do they? Oh and I have had all the Gay slurs on here in the past, not Gay either , married with 3 grown up boys, not a guarantee I know but should be a good pointer even for someone like yourself.

Guest Rabbit
Firstly, as most of you already know we don't get paid for looking after these forums, it's all voluntary.

Secondly, it is often much easier to just lock a thread rather than wade through it deleting any offending posts and then have to edit out quotes in other posts. That thread was going nowhere fast anyway, and if Newt hadn't locked it, I would have.

Thirdly, live with it....

Live with it?? How difficult would it have been to delete the offending posts? Rather than locking the whole thing? People do actually put some time into posting, thats what AN is all about isn't it Too many times good threads have been locked, for no apparent reason.

romney marsh is a nice place ,i spent many happy hours fishing the canal and drains.

luckily i only ever saw coypu and sheep! never rabbits

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

romney marsh is a nice place ,i spent many happy hours fishing the canal and drains.

luckily i only ever saw coypu and sheep! never rabbits

Roger Standen's patch, that. He often mentions Romney in his articles:

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/author/rogerstanden.html

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Roger Standen's patch, that. He often mentions Romney in his articles:

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/author/rogerstanden.html

caught my only ever sea trout in the rother at iden lock ,we used to go (me and another boy from up the road) every few weeks (he obviasly had some sort of hold over his parents) and just turned up and fished anywhere he could park,never saw anyone else all day.

the canal was a bit featureless but the drains an anglers dream.

that was from bromley :o

strangely when i moved to folkestone i only ever fished the cingue ports stretch never further .i did though with another chap fish as many small ponds we could around folkestone (the best ever pond is now under a roundabout off the m20) some were tiny but amazingly all held fish of some type (if you count goldfish and tank transplants) most farmers thought you mad but let you try anyway.

my most unusual fish was a catfish from a tiny pond in the warren now long gone in the continual movement of the cliff.

the most spectacular was the ex pond under the roundabout ,all golden tench and beutiful roach and rudd ,such a shame! the roundabout didnt have to be there but could have been next to it.

the close season was spent fishing the pond in radnor? park ,why we were never chucked off was a mystery but for a concrete pond surprisingly well stocked ,it was still in council? hands then i believe a club has the rights now.

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Hi Rabbit,

Live with it?? How difficult would it have been to delete the offending posts? Rather than locking the whole thing? People do actually put some time into posting, thats what AN is all about isn't it Too many times good threads have been locked, for no apparent reason.

Picture this; You've got a high pressured job, you're in your office, the phone hasn't stopped, people are queing up outside, you got a million and one things to do and things are going pear-shaped rapidly, and whilst dealing with all this you get an email alerting you to a thread on Anglers Net. :wallbash:

You look at the thread, the phone is still continues to ring, etc, etc, which you're still having to deal with, you then have to read through and edit each post individually, making sure you do and say the right things so as not to make the situation worse. :rtfm:

Do you think you could do it and if you could (which you couldn't), would you want to do it and keep doing it, for nowt, only to be constantly whinged at, whined at and criticised? :bangin: .....c'mon!

Look, I've got no problem with all you good folks on here, but please bare a thought for us Mod's, we're only human and we're doing our best, so, in short, live with it! :thumbs:

Garth.

How difficult would it have been to delete the offending posts?

Not particularly difficult I assume, but very time consuming, and possibly resulting in the thread not making sense any more. Just where do you expect the Mods to draw the line? I guess it was far easier for them just to lock it than have to faff around and try to make it more acceptable. Let's just face it - it started off as a good thread, then went downhill rapidly due to one or two muppets. It's not been totally removed. It's still there for all to view, and for us to comment on with this new thread. It's not censorship, just damage limitation!

Remember guys, the mods on here do it for love not money! They do their best, and they do it exceptionally well considering the vast diversity of people and posts that we have on here. I haven't seen one locked topic that didn't deserve to be locked for one reason or another.

I think it's grossly unfair to have a go at our Mods if we can't keep ourselves on topic and posting sensibly. I think many of us perhaps get too involved and forget that this is a totally open forum, where anyone can view. Let's keep it a site that we can be proud of.

Janet

Hi Rabbit,

Picture this; You've got a high pressured job, you're in your office, the phone hasn't stopped, people are queing up outside, you got a million and one things to do and things are going pear-shaped rapidly, and whilst dealing with all this you get an email alerting you to a thread on Anglers Net. :wallbash:

You look at the thread, the phone is still continues to ring, etc, etc, which you're still having to deal with, you then have to read through and edit each post individually, making sure you do and say the right things so as not to make the situation worse. :rtfm:

Do you think you could do it and if you could (which you couldn't), would you want to do it and keep doing it, for nowt, only to be constantly whinged at, whined at and criticised? :bangin: .....c'mon!

Look, I've got no problem with all you good folks on here, but please bare a thought for us Mod's, we're only human and we're doing our best, so, in short, live with it! :thumbs:

Garth.

Masochistic tendancies appear to spring to mind. Bless. :whistling:

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..