Why Do You Fish ?

Myster

I fish to get into nature, away from the din and monotony of modern life (except at a couple of lakes I fish!). For me it's about losing myself in the natural world and the anticipation that something very exciting might happen. With a line in the water you have a physical connection to a mysterious world where with some luck, watercraft and cunning, you can cross paths with something amazing... :o

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi pete may i ask what that chart represents each time you reply ???

Have a look at the pinned topic on non-fishing about the AnglersNet Seti team.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

If I was Irish I would say "It's for the CRACK!!"

But I'm not Irish, so I will say that it's for the buzz of the rod whacking round or the pole fload diving for the bottom - and not knowing what's on the other end. It could be a half-ounce Perch or a double figure Carp, or a Tench, or a Bream, or anything!!

Turn the question on its head Myster, Why do you fish?

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

hi pete may i ask what that chart represents each time you reply ???

seti info if your interested check out the pinned thread in the non fishing forum

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif

If I was Irish I would say "It's for the CRACK!!"

But I'm not Irish, so I will say that it's for the buzz of the rod whacking round or the pole fload diving for the bottom - and not knowing what's on the other end. It could be a half-ounce Perch or a double figure Carp, or a Tench, or a Bream, or anything!!

Turn the question on its head Myster, Why do you fish?

I fish so I can chat to all the nice people in here :clap2::thumbs: lol

"I Feel Sorry For People Who Don't Drink.

When They Wake Up In The Morning,

That's As Good As They're Going To Feel All Day".

---------- Frank Sinatra ----------

Hi,

I fish because I like to be in nature. :clap2: It's nice to relax on the water and to do some thinking, but the best reason of all is, I enjoy it very much. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

4ham55k.jpg

I fish because I have to.................

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Guest Rabbit

I am drawn to water like a magnet. It has a facination to me be it a sea lake river or stream. To fish its mysterious depths in anticipation is as exciting now as it was when I was a boy. To me fishing is part of what I live for, the day that I cannot fish, is the day I want to die.

Apart from that I can take it or leave it.

allot of my mates hae asked me this question and i say to them because 'its fun' but the real reason is i LOVE the feeling when your standing there on the margins looking at your piece of bread waiting for a carp to come up and then the magic moment when you see a big mouth just ingulf your bait your heart races your adrenelin pumps and its nothin like ive ever felt before and then finally once you slip it under the net a big sigh of relief comes up-on you as you say to yourself this is why i get up at 6 in the mornin and after that fish u think to yourself nothin can top it ... but when it does its even better :thumbs: hope this awnsers your question theres allot more things that make me fish but that tops them all

tight lines and gd luck for the future

jay harris

dont be too dissapointed when you dont catch a fish after its not called catching its called fishing! :D