A ROD LICENCE WILL DO MASSIVE DAMAGE TO THE ANGLING

Talking to my customers over the last few months regarding rod licences and that dreaded word bag limits which wouldnt make a dam bit of difference the feed back i am getting is very negative what everybody is asking just what will i get for my money and to be honest the same anser keeps popping up nothing ,nothing just a restriction on your freedom to fish in the sea this labour goverment would be rememberd by the millions of sea anglers for the sea angling tax

Buisness will be hit hard what gets me is have these boffins ever asked the thoughts of real people who are out on the ground .

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

have these boffins ever asked the thoughts of real people who are out on the ground .

Oddly enough, they are doing so right now.

The Marine Bill is the piece of legislation which will allow Government to introduce a sea angling licence. The PUBLIC consultation closes on Friday 8th June.

You could email your thoughts on the introduction of a licence to -

marinebillconsultation@defra.gsi.gov.uk

You don't have to be a member of a club or any angling group.

Individuals with something to say can respond and their comments added to the others. Each response is counted seperately.

Leon has posted some other info. in the Golden Mile post which is very helpful.

It's a shame that so few RSAs know about this very important consultation. Have seen little about it in the sea angling press and it's been running for the past 3 months. It would have been nice to see thousands of RSAs telling Defra where to stick the licence, but I doubt that will happen due to the usual apathy.

Cheers

Steve

Edited by steve pitts

Guest challenge

The Marine Bill is the piece of legislation which will allow Government to introduce a sea angling licence. The PUBLIC consultation closes on Friday 8th June.

Individuals with something to say can respond and their comments added to the others. Each response is counted seperately.

It's a shame that so few RSAs know about this very important consultation. Have seen little about it in the sea angling press and it's been running for the past 3 months. It would have been nice to see thousands of RSAs telling Defra where to stick the licence, but I doubt that will happen due to the usual apathy.

Cheers

Steve

Thanks for the reminder Steve. I have already posted some views to the said authority’s but will get some more of my thoughts to them before dead line day.

I honestly thought that most people with the ears to the ground would of known about the consultation and would of made there points clear to the said authority’s by now.

I am (personally) totally against rod licences and bag limits, I have also had my say against sea angling representation. But I am grateful to have the chance to at least put my thoughts forward on what I believe should be done.

We can all moan about consultation or at least the lack of it, but if we don’t contribute to any of it we must fit into the hypercritical bracket of none compliance when it comes to the subject of licences and bag limits.

Regards.

Cheers

Steve

Cheers for the info Steve

Just sent mine off. (A rather disgruntled angler p*****d off at the thought of paying for a license) :thumbs:

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

Mines gone too. I raised the issue of bag limits, bait collection and licencing as well as my displeasure at DEFRA's complete failure to engage the wider angling community in something that could effect every one of us.

Has Big Cod sent 1 in ?

Its done i dont really want to repeat what i sent but what i did say was the people who put this crazy idea in your heads dont reresent the majority of anglers throughout the uk and thats a fact. :thumbs:

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Its done i dont really want to repeat what i sent but what i did say was the people who put this crazy idea in your heads dont reresent the majority of anglers throughout the uk and thats a fact. :thumbs:

Hi big cod not having a go but, the whole majority of sea anglers dont all live in the north east!! or even care to fish their even if they live elsewhere, so i think you need to check your facts a little more carefully me thinks, but i do agree with you that no angler wants to pay more money then they have to already for nothing in return thats for sure including myself, i will clearly state now that if a license comes in without any worthwhile measures? then it is realy going to be finito for me and sea angling, i will just stick to my little private lake which i police myself with a rod of iron and god help any poachers or illegal immigrants who thinks they can help themselves to a free dinner :black_eye::hammer: cheers.............

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

A very fair point you raise Stavey. There are people out there who would happily pay a licence if certain criteria were met. You read their comments on the internet forums all the time and Ive spoke to them on the piers. Last month I went to an NFSA meeting in Scarborough and some people there sounded like they would accept a licence under the right conditions but there was also those who said they would rather burn in hell. Personally I think anyone willing to pay a licence is barking but that's just my opinion and they probably think I am barking mad too.

Just who represents anglers and who knows what the majority want and don't want is debateble. The only piece of research I know of looking at this in detail is that of the NFSA. Found here :

However you must ask yourself if this study itself is representative ? With 2 millio9n sea anglers out there does asking less than 1000 of them mean the opinions expressed represent the whole 2 million ?? Ask any scientist they will tell you the study is unrepresentative and useless.

Then you can look at the groups claiming to represent sea anglers . The NFSA has a membership of 5 figures, The SACN has a membership of 3 figures. Again how representative of 2 million are these groups ?? Grossly under representative in my view.

Then you have the anglers who sail on charter boats from the north east, again in comparison to the 2million figure this group too is not representative of the larger group.

In summary - Who has a clue what people think ? I've spoke to a lot and had lots of different replies. Having said that the members of the Whitby forum by and large think its all ****s.

In summary - Who has a clue what people think ? I've spoke to a lot and had lots of different replies. Having said that the members of the Whitby forum by and large think its all ****s.

I don't disagree with your reasoning Glenn - different groups will have different views in every walk of life.

The whole purpose of a public consultation is to get reactions from as wide a cross-section as possible and thereby gain an insight into the thoughts of 'Joe public' - That's assuming that they haven't already made their minds up and all of our letters aren't a waste of time.

Cheesr

Steve