catching the impossible

musicmick1973

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just sat and thought about this and have cancelled my order with Calm Productions!

What's the betting it turns up next week?? :blink:

Vote with your feet!

Guess what??

My wife had a call to day [Tuesday] saying the DVD I had cancelled was sent out to me on Friday!!

If so why didn't it arrive on Monday or Tuesday??

It will be interesting to see when it does arrive!! And what the posting date is!

P!ss up in a brewery springs to mind.

Guess what??

My wife had a call to day [Tuesday] saying the DVD I had cancelled was sent out to me on Friday!!

If so why didn't it arrive on Monday or Tuesday??

It will be interesting to see when it does arrive!! And what the posting date is!

P!ss up in a brewery springs to mind.

It's Thursday, the postie has come and gone and still no sign of "Catching the Impossible".

Anyway I've just phoned them and am told it was posted First Class on Monday, so why isn't it here?

It's the Royal Mail's fault now!!

The reason for the delay in processing orders is the astronomical demand for the DVD, the lady who took my call this morning saaid she didn't realise there were so many anglers out there.

It seems neither did the DVD makers!

I wait on, as my money has now disappeared off my credit card.

Why is calm productions the only place you can get the dvd?If you could get it anywhere else they would not be so c**p at getting the goods to the customers,a little bit of competition is what they need. :angry: .Are we going to have to go through it all over again when the next edition is released?

I sent calmproductions an email,yesterday asking them when I might expect my dvd to arrive,I also asked them if it had been despatched yet,I got no reply so I tried to email them again today,only to find that emails from my email address are now rejected. :angry:.They haven't taken any money out of my account yet though.

I ordered a copy of the book which accompanies the film series, from Amazon UK, in early January. When I placed the order, Amazon said there'd be a 2-3 week delay, which I felt was acceptable. Yesterday, however (four weeks later), I received an email message from Amazon to the effect that there's a further delay, and that I might now expect delivery of the book between 12/02/09 to 24/02/09.

I'm sorry, Hugh and Martin, but this is simply not good enough. In this modern age, the consumer expects prompt and efficient service and delivery of goods. I feel this is an unacceptably long wait for a newly published and in print book, and I am not patient enough to indulge your or Amazon's woefully organised distribution of your products. I have cancelled my order, out of forlorn exasperation more than anything.

I just hope all this means you're selling so many copies you can't keep up with demand- rather than it being a symptom of shockingly poor organisation, as it would appear.

Another dissatisfied would-be customer bites the dust.

[edit spelling]

Edited by MikeT

What's interesting is that, though anglers are rarely surprised by a totally grim day, we nearly always maintain our optimism. We understand pessimism because our dreams are sometimes dented by the blows of fate, but always our hope returns, like a primrose after a hard winter. ~ C. Yates.