catching the impossible

musicmick1973

...I take your point that it was an opportunity missed...

I'm sorry, but you actually misunderstood my point. I was being sarcastic about the rather patronising suggestion made by Ken L that Hugh Miles had overpriced the DVD (compared to those for the Lord of the Rings trilogy) and got their distribution wrong for pre-Christmas sales.

What's interesting is that, though anglers are rarely surprised by a totally grim day, we nearly always maintain our optimism. We understand pessimism because our dreams are sometimes dented by the blows of fate, but always our hope returns, like a primrose after a hard winter. ~ C. Yates.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why won't anyone answer my question about how long the dvd took to arrive?

I ordered mine on 21st December and still it hasn't arrived. :angry:

I queried when I could expect delivery and got a curt reply that just said "Allow 28 days for Delivery" :angry:

So whoever said the sales side sucks or words to that effect are absolutely correct. Why 28 days in this day and age??

I've a friend in Ireland who is a film maker and gets small amounts of DVDs pressed/burned/whatever? and he can get them turned round in 2-3 days and straight out to his customers.

Remember he's in Ireland where things generally happen slowly, and usually very slowly.

I can afford to buy it, but they don't want my money???????????????????????????????

What's wrong with them????

Rant over :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Edited by Colin Brett

I ordered mine on 21st December and still it hasn't arrived. :angry:

I queried when I could expect delivery and got a curt reply that just said "Allow 28 days for Delivery" :angry:

So whoever said the sales side sucks or words to that effect are absolutely correct. Why 28 days in this day and age??

I've a friend in Ireland who is a film maker and gets small amounts of DVDs pressed/burned/whatever? and he can get them turned round in 2-3 days and straight out to his customers.

Remember he's in Ireland where things generally happen slowly, and usually very slowly.

I can afford to buy it, but they don't want my money???????????????????????????????

Seriously , I will have a word, not trying to come across as Rabbit who is friends to the stars, but will see if I can get a answer as to why it is taking so long to despatch orders...agreed 28 days way too long.

I'm sorry, but you actually misunderstood my point. I was being sarcastic about the rather patronising suggestion made by Ken L that Hugh Miles had overpriced the DVD (compared to those for the Lord of the Rings trilogy) and got their distribution wrong for pre-Christmas sales.

Apologies Mike :thumbs:

Obvious.............they have to much money already :mellow:

Obvious.............they have to much money already :mellow:

My guess for the delay is they are accumulating orders so they can get a large batch done, so as to save a few pence and make a bit more profit!

I have nothing against anyone making a reasonable profit, but really is this the way to conduct a business in 2009??

I would be falling over myself getting the orders out just to get the money in.

As you say Tigger, perhaps they have too much money already.

Another rant over :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I would be falling over myself getting the orders out just to get the money in.

I don't blame you Colin. I've no doubt the dvd is great but at such a high price they should be despatched and with you in no longer than a week.