catching the impossible

musicmick1973

You could all learn French. There is a huge selection of fishing videos in in France.

This is just ONE site.

You can rent a DVD for 48 hours, download a version that you can watch as many times as you like or buy the DVD.

This site has 94 videos on Carnassier (preds to you) alone.

http://www.imineo.com/loisirs-passions/peche/video-peche.htm

Might have a look at that. I am off to France on Saturday for a couple of months. (Landivy in the Mayenne region)

The house we have rented has it's own lake which I am told has some smallish carp in it so that is me sorted.

The reason that fishing for preds is so popular in France, as I am sure you are aware, is that they are almost all destined for the table ;)

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They can be downloaded as DIVX or XVid with bittorent already.

I have no problem with downloading films, etc via torrents...I do it so much myself but I always try and quantify my reasons behind it as "previewing" the material before I buy it.

I have downloaded many films and then decided I liked it so much I bought them on DVD. There are many I like but cant be bothered to buy or unwilling to buy. Because these films are produced by mega million (or billion) dollar fat cat producers I really dont care whether I line their pockets with another £10, stuff 'em!

However, Hugh Miles is not a fat cat producer and he's paid for most of this out of his own pocket because he wants it made...and so do a hell of a lot of us as well.

By all means download it and "preview" it but if you want to see more of his work in the future then I hope you buy it after you downloaded it as well. I watched the first episode last night and the quality is absolutely bloody amazing.

I think £30 for 3 hours of total fishing bliss is f*ck all compared to the sh*t you'd happily take off the DVD shelf at Tesco's.

For those who cant afford it - I'm sorry to hear that, save the pennies or add it to your xmas pressie list.

For those moaning about the expense but CAN afford it - dont bloody buy it, miss out and shut up

For those who love Passion For Angling, etc - go and get it, to hell with the expense because its damn well worth it!

I'm sure Hugh Miles would like to try and recoup the probably substantial losses in making these films, not to mention the time and effort of himself, Bernard Cribbins and Martin Bowler.

You lot moaning about it isnt giving him much encouragement to make any more is it?

Rant over :angry:

I'm not picking on you individually here CoryDoras or suggesting in any way that your illegally downloading these films, I am just using your post as a starting point for my angry little strop! :D

I'm not picking on you individually here CoryDoras or suggesting in any way that your illegally downloading these films, I am just using your post as a starting point for my angry little strop! :D
That's fine. I don't download movies using bittorent but thought I would just have a quick squint to see if they had been uploaded. When I found that they were I posted to that effect on here. I don't do it and don't advocate that anyone else should either.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Might have a look at that. I am off to France on Saturday for a couple of months. (Landivy in the Mayenne region)

The house we have rented has it's own lake which I am told has some smallish carp in it so that is me sorted.

The reason that fishing for preds is so popular in France, as I am sure you are aware, is that they are almost all destined for the table ;)

That's no longer true Sportsman many French waters are partially or totally C&R these days. It's called nokill or no-kill.

I sometimes wonder where they get all there big coarse fish for the table. When we got married the fish coarse at the reception was steamed perch with a champagne and mushroom sauce. I often wondered where you could go and catch 60 uniformly sized 2lb perch, even if they were netted.

French anglers do have a much wider choice of video entertainment than we do. I can only assume that that is because they are willing to buy more than we are.

Bon voyage, bon appetit, bon courage, et pour la pêche, merde.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

For those who cant afford it - I'm sorry to hear that, save the pennies or add it to your xmas pressie list.

For those moaning about the expense but CAN afford it - dont bloody buy it, miss out and shut up

For those who love Passion For Angling, etc - go and get it, to hell with the expense because its damn well worth it!

You lot moaning about it isnt giving him much encouragement to make any more is it?

My feelings exactly.

Tony

I'm sure Hugh Miles would like to try and recoup the probably substantial losses in making these films, not to mention the time and effort of himself, Bernard Cribbins and Martin Bowler.

Losses, don't you mean outgoings? In any buisness venture you need to make an outlay. I could understand you going on about losses if they where doing this for a charity.

Regarding the time and effort to make, well we all like fishing but they're getting paid for it ! :rolleyes:

Even if they didn't get any money from this the publicity alone is invaluable. Lets face it it's their buisness.

Edited by tigger

• 2 months later...

Quite a few people seem to be stumbling across this thread! There are a number of legitimate copies for sale.

Please click here if you are looking to buy Catching The Impossible.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Losses, don't you mean outgoings? In any buisness venture you need to make an outlay. I could understand you going on about losses if they where doing this for a charity.

Regarding the time and effort to make, well we all like fishing but they're getting paid for it ! :rolleyes:

Even if they didn't get any money from this the publicity alone is invaluable. Lets face it it's their buisness.

This DVD has been years in the making for Hugh Miles, you should believe me when I say Hugh has staked virtually everything on this, it is his pension. He has not been able to attract the BBC or Sky to run it, (they prefer celeb fishing such as Robson Green etc) and therefore DVD sales are important, the least WE can do as fellow anglers is not rip him off

No such thing as a free lunch. Some Folk have to work hard for their rewards

Well I guess their marketing advisors are stupid in that case. You’d think they’d want the best return for all that hard work and financial investment, but the fools obviously don’t know what on Earth they’re doing! If only you’d been available to tell them how simple it all really is, they’d have made a fortune and grandfathers everywhere would have had good value Christmas presents!

Believe it was put to HM to get it on the shelves, but he is his own man, he is first and foremost a wild life film maker and not a commercial whizz kid, but I take your point that it was an opportunity missed, still the end product is superb, and worth the wait. The main problem as I have mentioned is that the networks have not as yet gone with it which is the main problem, as already mentioned the DVD sales is to a small niche market and wasn't the main route the TV route was. I