Smoking Ban

Elton

What's next....? A ban on alcohol?

I think I could argue that when you drink a pint of beer, I don't experience any of its effects.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Oh i give up!!!

Too many people who believe that the road we are travelling down is the correct one.

"It's the non-smokers rights" . what about the smokers rights? They pay a lot of money for fags so why discriminate and segregate them?

Why isn't there a facility for "smokers pubs and clubs" , keep all the non-smokers out?

The pc brigade have won again.

Smoking ...gone(well almost)

Alcohol

Airline travel

Recycling

Obesity

All part of the big plan

And last but not least...........we'll be taxed on how much fresh air we use before long!!!

Sounds ludicrous??? So did the above 10-20 odd years ago!!!

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

i really like it, and really hate it, i am a smoker,despite my may attempts at giving up, i have met loads of folk outside pubs that i probably wouldnt have normally spoke to, so thats not bad, what is bad is, being a member of a few very busy bands, we are in pubs and clubs all the time and not being able to smoke while sorting things out is bad enough, but, it really has put the mockers on local live music, i wouldnt say all, but in general there are a hell of alot of smokers that go to gigs, they pay a fiver to go in, to see a few bands but have to spend alot of time outside having there smokes, and its horrible playing when people are in and out all the time, you can never quite tell if they think your shite or they just want a ciggy lolol, but in general i think it can only be a good thing, it is nice walking in to a pub and it not stinking of stale tobaco, i do find it a bit easier than some though as i dont smoke indoors at home havnt done for years.

Smelly nets.

Canon S3 IS

Samsung S500

HOBGOBLIN

mailto:grahamnoone@hotmail.com

您在来信中写道

Another ex-smoker here who dislikes it. Many of my friends still smoke, and I'd rather not be left sat on my own guarding the table while they all go outside for a fag.

In my opinion, they should have banned smoking and non-smoking areas in the same space, thus forcing pubs to either physically separate smoking areas or to come out one way or the other. Then let market forces sort it out.

Of course, that would not do, because the legislation is not primarily about protecting people who don't smoke, it's about harassing people who do. That's what I don't like about it.

Protecting staff is a separate measure, but people work safely with far more hazardous substances in other industries. It's not beyond the wit of man to protect bar staff from smoke, even if it means that people have to hand their own glasses in or that the glass collector wears a respirator...

I think I could argue that when you drink a pint of beer, I don't experience any of its effects.

Well, if you drink too much beer, start a fight and hurt someone I'd call that experiencing its effects.

Ian

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you"

I don`t mind at all. I`ve never been allowed to smoke at work.

Myself and Jabee were in Scotland soon after the ban started there. It was soon apparent that the bar went quiet when smokers went outside for a fag. Even smokers that had just gone back in, used it as an excuse to go back out for another. The craic was much better outside. :thumbs::thumbs:

We don`t use J`s anymore!!

weve had smoking regs here for about 18 months now.

how they do it is that small bars (below 100m2)can choose to be either smoking or non smoking.

its signed at the door.the customers and staff decide if they want to drink/ work in said bar.

above 100m2 the bar has to have seperate smoking areas, with approved air extraction.

gives everyone the choice.....if you dont like it dont go in.

easy really...but there again, we dont have a nanny state!

cheers dave. :rolleyes: