Don't FORGET!

Chris Goddard

Just for a second , lets look at the realistic (possible ) outcome of all this..

1. People stopping smoking YES

2. People stopping using their local YES

3. Jobs lost , ie Barstaff / cleaners / Taxis YES

I could go on but number 1 on the list could have dramatic consequences for this country. Just in the fact that , as a for instance ......a man / woman smokes 20 fags a day (there's a lot more who smoke a hell of a lot more) and 1 million of these smokers quit , going on my estimations the government tax a 20 packet of fags to around about £3 - £4 per packet , do the math , 1 million smokers doing 20 a day QUIT ,

1,000,000 times £3 times 365 days.

It's a whole lot of revenue lost by the clowns in power and they want it back!!

Is it just me seeing this or am i daft and don't have an idea..........It must be the nicotine kicking in! :wacko:

I'll give it 2 years maximum before the laws are relaxed and we're all back to normal

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll give it 2 years maximum before the laws are relaxed and we're all back to normal
In a couple of months most will have forgotten what all the brouhaha was about.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

In a couple of months most will have forgotten what all the brouhaha was about.

Personally Corydoras ...... i think not , there's a hell of lot of smokers out there who think they've been given a bum deal , you maybe right but i think NOT

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

And all the tax can be got back by taxing junk food to the hilt, and a personal tax on being overweight for our hight. After all it is the health of the nation were interested in isnt it . I mean why should I pay for fat unhealthy people who burden the nhs.

Never test the depth of water with both feet.

Stuff work go fishing.

Personally Corydoras ...... i think not , there's a hell of lot of smokers out there who think they've been given a bum deal , you maybe right but i think NOT
I smoke, so does my housemate and most of our friends. None of us are making as big a fuss as you seem to be.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

Cory do you go out REGULARLY (drinking)??

Do you work in a works van owned by yourself?

I do both and i am utterly disgusted by the fact that i have to abide by the rules of no smoking in a workplace (even though the van is owned by me and my works partner) and no other person works or is allowed in the van!!! Where oh where is the sense in that? If we get pulled smoking in OUR van we run the risk of a £50 fine for smoking in a workplace , but if i was to be driving my very own car and smoking i wouldn't get a second look.

Crazy britain (dosen't deserve a capital) has gone down the sewer as far as i'm concerned and it's only gonna get worse :yucky: :yucky:

Cory do you go out REGULARLY (drinking)??

Do you work in a works van owned by yourself?

I do both and i am utterly disgusted by the fact that i have to abide by the rules of no smoking in a workplace (even though the van is owned by me and my works partner) and no other person works or is allowed in the van!!! Where oh where is the sense in that? If we get pulled smoking in OUR van we run the risk of a £50 fine for smoking in a workplace , but if i was to be driving my very own car and smoking i wouldn't get a second look.

Crazy britain (dosen't deserve a capital) has gone down the sewer as far as i'm concerned and it's only gonna get worse :yucky: :yucky:

Drinking, no I don't go out and drink in pubs very often. I prefer to do my drinking at home.

As far as I know the law does not say that you cannot smoke in a works van, or lorry as long as as it is only used by one person (at least that's how the legislation was framed north of the border), but not two, even if they both smoke, which I admit is let us say 'counter intuitive' to say the least.

Since the police will not be pulling you over if they spot you having a fag in your van I think that it is unlikely that this bit of the law will be enforced, unless the employer enforces it.

Speaking as an EX smoker, I have absolutely NO problem whatsoever with ANYONE enjoying a cigarette. I used to and even now can appreciate the smell of a nice cigar or pipe. YES I do hate the smell of cigarette smoke on my person!! BUT I certainly would not outright ban it.

Study after study has PROVED conclusively(Unless I have seen the wrong results?) That SMOKERS contribute far more to the economy than they ever take out due to hospitalisation etc? I personally think this is a step along the BIG BROTHER path. Say what you like but what will go next????

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Speaking as an EX smoker, I have absolutely NO problem whatsoever with ANYONE enjoying a cigarette. I used to and even now can appreciate the smell of a nice cigar or pipe. YES I do hate the smell of cigarette smoke on my person!! BUT I certainly would not outright ban it.

Study after study has PROVED conclusively(Unless I have seen the wrong results?) That SMOKERS contribute far more to the economy than they ever take out due to hospitalisation etc? I personally think this is a step along the BIG BROTHER path. Say what you like but what will go next????

At last Chris , someone (who has experience in the matter) has posted some basic common sense. With your experience of being on both sides of the fence at one time or another , surely your view must stand the ground more than a smoker or non-smoker. I was beginning to think i was all on my own. How long is it going to be before the british democracy is crushed? Not long IMO

Study after study has PROVED conclusively(Unless I have seen the wrong results?) That SMOKERS contribute far more to the economy than they ever take out due to hospitalisation etc?
I don't think that it has Chris, has anyone any evidence to back this up?