Don't FORGET!

Chris Goddard

the amount of tax you choose to pay does not give you any extra rights.

Lots of people pay extra tax compared to the average for lots of reasons.

Petrol duty springs to mind - some folks do not drive, others drive 100k miles per year, but you do not get any extra rights.

OK, you feel badly done to because the government have removed one of the pleasures of your life. But you seem totally unwilling to accept that the majority of people in the UK do not smoke, and have no wish to smell like an ashtray just so you can get a fix anywhere you wish.

The bottom line for me is this. Your pleasure causes causes harm to anyone around you when you partake. That is unfair to everyone else. No-one is stopping you from having a cigarette when ever you want. Just stopping you causing harm to others wherever you want.

Let's not hear any more red herrings about pollution from cars, your rights, the amount of tax you pay etc. It is a foul and deadly habit. Do it as much as you want in your own private places. But quit trying to justify it. You are wrong!

Nick

...life

what's it all about...?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right thats it , i'm stopping smoking , drinking , driving , talking rubbish , never making an argument out of a molehill , being racist , facist , having an opinion , talking on internet forums (using electricity) , watching television / radio , using electricity / gas and i'm going to live in a field somewhere breathing fresh air (oh if thats allowed)

As everyone of the above is harmful in some way or another , everyone using them must be to blame for some sort of bad habit.

Say what you will Nick , it won't stop me taking liberties in pubs / clubs and workplaces for a cig that i am entitled to have.

Just one thing to mull over.................how long is it gonna be before a ban on alcohol comes into effect? Not if but when?

Just having a look around the back garden for a Fig Leaf before the boom starts , 20 years from now we are all going to be walking around with them on.

Regards

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

I dunno Peggy. I smoked heavily for over 40 years (up to 2-3 packs per day for at least the last 10 years) and had zero smoking-related hospital visits and as far as the medicos can tell now that I am several years post-quitting, no residual damage.

No doubt that tobacco does cause problems for some but it is not the 100% gonna-make-you-sick before it-kills-you evil that we often read about.

If Jan were not violently allergic (and being near smokers does make her ill enough to need treatment), I would still be happily puffing away although not as freely as years ago when it was accepted almost everywhere.

We've had an overall attitude change and any who still smoke might as well deal with the new rules but I can completely understand the frustration of many smokers. They just need to come to terms with the fact that they cannot roll back time and begin to deal with the new restrictions as I suspect we will see more down the road.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

OI OI,

I like where your comming from mr motorola, i agree with you 100%, just one thing if you are stopping all the above it's not worth getting out of bed m8ty, anyway im off for a tab.

BILL.........nemo mortalium omnibus horis sapit,

ENGLAND & ST GEORGE, C,MON

BRUMMIE IN EXSILE..........yo aint sin me roite

Right thats it , i'm stopping smoking , drinking , driving , talking rubbish , never making an argument out of a molehill , being racist , facist , having an opinion , talking on internet forums (using electricity) , watching television / radio , using electricity / gas and i'm going to live in a field somewhere breathing fresh air (oh if thats allowed)

As everyone of the above is harmful in some way or another , everyone using them must be to blame for some sort of bad habit.

Say what you will Nick , it won't stop me taking liberties in pubs / clubs and workplaces for a cig that i am entitled to have.

Just one thing to mull over.................how long is it gonna be before a ban on alcohol comes into effect? Not if but when?

Just having a look around the back garden for a Fig Leaf before the boom starts , 20 years from now we are all going to be walking around with them on.

Regards

I'm sure you missed out farting in enclosed spaces Mr M. What makes me laugh is the ex smokers who winge and whine about the awfull stench of the cigarette smoke. Protest too much. Sometimes i can smell a fag and say i would fancy one but i know that i never will,

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Saying that smoking is my ONLY vice and that i'll willingly own upto it ...I wonder how many of these holyer than tho none smokers would be prepaired to ADMIT to theirs.

May be a touch of acholism, gambling a few quid at the bookies, the odd loose woman now and again.

So before any one knocks my filthy habbit take a step back and review you own.

let him with out sin the saying goes or somethink like that.

Never test the depth of water with both feet.

Stuff work go fishing.

Well it was my first outing to my local since the new legislation was introduced and after all the hype about pubs / clubs being unaffected by the new ruling..........all i can say is oh dear!!

Tuesday night at my local wmc is a rare occasion where quite a lot of friends / drinkers fill the club and have a good old knees up , don't ask me why i have no idea , but it may have something to do with Skys coverage of greyhound racing (quite a few of the punters are gamblers and the same again are on the pan-crack)

Anyway with or without the greyhound racing (as some tuesday nights are hit and miss with broadcasts of the racing) before the ban was imposed, EVERY Tuesday was pretty much full to the brim with laughter , beer running freely and a smoke filled room.

Walking up to the doors of my local i was greeted by a committee man asking if i had any cigarettes on my person and told to keep them in my pocket when inside until i returned outside for a smoke. When inside i was told again not to put my fags on the table but to keep them in my pocket.

When i was on my way outside for a smoke i was told by a committee member i had no will power , to which i replied "i'd sooner have no will power than no business"

Pinned up on the notice board among all the no-smoking notices is a petition by the locals who are boycotting the club because of the ban and its 2 A4 sheets full already. My father in law happens to be the Chairman of the club and has already told me that the takings have taken a massive slump.

Well , i don't want to tell you "i told you so" but...................

Get ready for the huge taxing on Alcohol when Mr Brown realises how much money he's losing !!

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

maybe its time all these people took steps to do something about their addiction,

seems a bit sad to me to have ones life ruled by a drug, be it tobacco, alcohol or any other you can name.

Maybe it's time we got shut of this Democracy , it's an absolute farce. Too many people in power listening to the upper echelon and pushing legislations through way too easily for me