Don't FORGET!

Chris Goddard

I don't think that it has Chris, has anyone any evidence to back this up?

MAYBE , maybe not , but one thing is for absolute certain Corydoras.........smokers via tax through cigarettes put an unbelievable amount of revenue into this country , not millions but BILLIONS EVERY YEAR.

So , stating the obvious (lung disease / heart disease) exactly how many are attributable to smoking? ie revenue going in from cigs as appose money spent on caring for the above? I ain't no Chancellor of the Exchequer but i can assure you that if the money going out outweighed the money coming in..............Smoking would be BANNED outright! This government as is every government is effectively a business (all about making money)

Think about it............

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact is this has nothing to do with democracy or the nanny state. No-one give a rats arse whether or not you want to give up smoking or die of one of the many smoking related diseases.

It is all about the Health and Safety at Work Act, and not getting sued. In any workplace the employer has a legal duty to provide clean air for the workforce, and to remove dangerous or unhealthy contaminants from the air. If he fails to do so he will be committing an offence for which he could be fined 10s of thousands of pounds. In addition, if one of his workers caught a disease or worse a fatal disease and it could be shown that this was as a direct result of breathing contaminated air in the workplace, then he would be sued for 100s of thousands of pounds.

As for smoker "human rights' to do as they please:

Do you wear a seat belt in a car?

do you wear a crash helmet on a bike ?

Do you drink and drive ?

Do you use illegal drugs, and if so why are the drugs illegal ?

Society sets standards and makes rules that benefit the majority of the population.

This is just another one

BTW, no-one gives a rats arse whether your pub or club shuts down either

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

OI OI,

i thought they might have kicked off like they did with the coucil tax,

Because Bill , smokers are frowned upon for doing something so abhorently disgusting that they feel ashamed of voicing their opinions ........ASHAMED OF WHAT?

Non-smokers and the idiots that introduced the ban drive around in their cars day in day out pumping out filthy gases that are not only choking humans but also choking the earth.

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

MAYBE , maybe not , but one thing is for absolute certain Corydoras.........smokers via tax through cigarettes put an unbelievable amount of revenue into this country , not millions but BILLIONS EVERY YEAR.

So , stating the obvious (lung disease / heart disease) exactly how many are attributable to smoking? ie revenue going in from cigs as appose money spent on caring for the above? I ain't no Chancellor of the Exchequer but i can assure you that if the money going out outweighed the money coming in..............Smoking would be BANNED outright! This government as is every government is effectively a business (all about making money)

Think about it............

I have thought about it, I just don't believe it, but then being a sceptic I don't 'believe in' ANYTHING without some hard evidence to back it up.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

and as a smoker, i dont give a rats if your NHS burns in hell either :thumbs:

Its infesteded witn :unsure: well you know what with.

(damn i'v beeen funding that **** to) :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Edited by n4lly
1509tarpon_75_.gif

The fact is this has nothing to do with democracy or the nanny state. No-one give a rats arse whether or not you want to give up smoking or die of one of the many smoking related diseases.

It is all about the Health and Safety at Work Act, and not getting sued. In any workplace the employer has a legal duty to provide clean air for the workforce, and to remove dangerous or unhealthy contaminants from the air. If he fails to do so he will be committing an offence for which he could be fined 10s of thousands of pounds. In addition, if one of his workers caught a disease or worse a fatal disease and it could be shown that this was as a direct result of breathing contaminated air in the workplace, then he would be sued for 100s of thousands of pounds.

As for smoker "human rights' to do as they please:

Do you wear a seat belt in a car?

do you wear a crash helmet on a bike ?

Do you drink and drive ?

Do you use illegal drugs, and if so why are the drugs illegal ?

Society sets standards and makes rules that benefit the majority of the population.

This is just another one

HA , thats a good one Sportsman.

Contamination of the air??????????

Tell that to the hundreds of sewage workers , neh , office workers that work (on-site) at a local sewage treatment plant not far from where i live. Would you like the address? It's just a pathetic plan by the government and all their hideaway do-gooders for the next installment of........... i don't know. I've had my ear to the ground in my local area and the non-smokers were out in force following the new ban Not!

I've had my ear to the ground in my local area and the non-smokers were out in force following the new ban Not!
Huh? :unsure:

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

What about the good old Dustbin man for another example , the crap the have to put up with and smell for eight hours a day is just as good (if not worse) than passive smoking. I'm wrong? How do you know? If a dustbin man was to smoke and work then contract lung cancer , what would be the first thing a doctor / consultant would ask , do you smoke? Can you give me CONCRETE evidence that other occupational risks may have led to his problem? Is it a possibilty............YES , but as smoking is a killer proved through and through then cigs get the blame. I know of a very nice old man , 98 years old actually , who has smoked all his life and yes i know whats coming next...some people are more susceptable to smoke / cancer related illnesses than other , just the same as any other hazard ie sewage / rubbish you name it

Can they get that passive smoking s*it off my b&h now ?

Grandpa made 94 Choked a smoke since he was 12 no filters either

Nana the passive smoker is still with us at 105 :D

Nana rocks :clap:

Edited by n4lly
1509tarpon_75_.gif