record z broken by.......

zedhead

The difference here is that this fish was caught on a bait which (in theory) specifically preclude captures of predators (catfish excepted).

I'm seriously intrigued by the theory that fishing a pellet which reeks of fish would preclude the capture of predators :blink:

What's happened have all the predatory fish turned veggie?

Well done to the captor, and even more congratulations to the fish for growing so large.

In angling the record we all refer to is simply the largest fish of a particular species captured on rod and line (within some randomly defined parameters ). It is not a record of achievement by an individual, the captor is purely incidental. Anyone in angling who wants an "achievement" record must I am afraid to say look to some variety of match fishing in which there is an element of skill rather than random chance involved in record breaking.

Edited by nick

Nick

...life

what's it all about...?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also have a problem with that thinking Nick. I use fishy halibut pellets a lot, and catch carp,tench,pike and eels regularly. Other guys doing the same on a different lake are catching bream and catfish as well. If I go to the Kennet then I get barbel and pike and chub on them.

I always thought that one of the real attractions of fishing was the chance/hope of catching one of the unknown monsters that lurk in the deeps :)

Why do some people always want to spoil someone elses catch with their bitchy comments, fishing can be all things to all men, and just because one person doesn't like what another is doing shouldn't give them the right to critisize.

Frustration maybe? Jealosy maybe?

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

I too can't understand this, 'if I wasn't fishing for it, it doesn't count, or means less' way of thinking.

I've caught pike to 10lb on single maggot, and roach to 1 1/2 lb on minnows, both of which were not the intended or expected species. (stating the obvious I think :blink: ).

I enjoy every fish I catch, regardless of method or targeted species. The only regret is sometimes I am a little 'over gunned', and wish I caught it on more suitable gear.

Well done to the lad in question, for landing it.

As already said, a record fish just means the biggest reported fish of that species, caught on rod and line, and that the captor was in the right place, at the place right time, and had the skill to land it.

John.

P.S. It looks good on the thread list, 'zander record broken by gozzer'. :clap2:

Edited by gozzer

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

I’ve just read the "Record fish" thread and learned that the fish came from the Severn. Does anyone know where from and what the weight was ?

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

I’ve just read the "Record fish" thread and learned that the fish came from the Severn. Does anyone know where from and what the weight was ?

I don't know exactly where (and wouldn't say if I did!), but it weighed 21lb 5oz, exactly 2lb heavier than the previous record from the Level. In the photos it looks monstrous!

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

I'm seriously intrigued by the theory that fishing a pellet which reeks of fish would preclude the capture of predators :blink:

Aren't Halibut pellets so named because they were invented to feed Halibut rather than smell of them ?

Aren't Halibut pellets so named because they were invented to feed Halibut rather than smell of them ?

Principle ingredient is fish :)

Nick

...life

what's it all about...?

I don't think this report can be true.

There is no way that kid caught a zander without using a zander rod, a zander reel, a zander trace and a bait from a packet of zander baits.

I bet he never read a zander book, or a zander article either. :rolleyes:

Don't tell me I have bought a mullet rod, a barbel rod and all the other species specific tackle, for no good reason. :wallbash:

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "