Knots

Pav

I tend to stick to what I think is called a blood knot. What puzzles me is this seems fine, and serves me well....

BUT... then I'll have a nightmare with every knot I tie snapping as I pull the line tight. This can be on new line! Really puzzles me. I use a bit of spit to lube the line. Then after banging my head on the floor in desperation I'll tie again and the knot will tighten fine and the line won't snap.

What can I be doing wrong? :wallbash:

Pav . its ok mate thats the norm..just cut of 10 ft or so & it will be fine , duno why but it works ,, ps ive used loads of line types & it allways happens ,,,,well so far any way ,see yu rich,,

Ime off to yak skoool,,,,,,no more overruns to get out there,,,,

Tie the knot as close as possible to the hook,swivel,lure. the less line that needs to be snuged up after tieing the better,plenty of spit and pull it up gently also is it snapping or coming undone? lots of poeple snip the tag left to short, an 1/8 of an inch left will alow a bit of room for slip after the knot has been teid.

Hope that makes sence fella :)

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

I tend to stick to what I think is called a blood knot. What puzzles me is this seems fine, and serves me well....

BUT... then I'll have a nightmare with every knot I tie snapping as I pull the line tight. This can be on new line! Really puzzles me. I use a bit of spit to lube the line. Then after banging my head on the floor in desperation I'll tie again and the knot will tighten fine and the line won't snap.

What can I be doing wrong? :wallbash:

Hi Mate,

try these two sites for tying knots, the first one has animated knot tying, brilliant.

Both site are useful for beginner and experienced alike.

I've learnt new knots and I'm 58years young!

The first site gives descriptions for what the use would be and I believe the knot strength after being tied.

Hope this helps. :thumbs:

This problem you have is also a reminder to everyone to check their tackle and rigs before every fishing trip!

I've always found that the old adage is right, you normally get what you pay for.

To me, line is probably the most important factor about getting a fish on dry land, without it you have no chance unless of course you are very good at throwing a spear! :clap2:

We all do it, spend £100's on a rod and the same amount on a reel then buy a bulk spool of line 'cos it was £3 for a 1000 metres! :wallbash:

Not saying that is your problem but it is something to look at.

http://www.animatedknots.com/indexfishing.php

http://www.fish4fun.com/knots.htm

cheers mate and tight lines. :clap2: :clap2: