killing our course fish [poles]

chalky632007

Fascinating thread fellas with a good mix of views on the subject. I had not heard of Poles (or any other group) taking fish for eating prior to reading this thread. As somebody states above, it is not illegal to take fish home (apart from day ticket venues where they have their own rules of course). In our own history, for instance, tench were widely taken for their believed 'medicinal qualities' - The tench was known as the 'doctor fish' as it was believed its slime had healing properties. What I do object to - is folk fishing without a licence. We all pay our licence money and know our revenue goes into the upkeep of our rivers and lakes. Maybe as somebody above states, it is simply a case of 'educating' these people in the angling laws of our country.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tigger

The reason the majority of people are up in arms over "immigrants" is because there are so many of them flooding into the country and have more rights than the TRUE british person.

Immigrants have started to get more coverage on the TV now as it is such a problem. I think Panorama is about immigrants tonight.

tony - again, Im simply in awe of your superior intellect. I never assumed I was the only one with a degree and I dont see what academic qualifications have got to do with anything. At the end of the day, the very fact that punctuation, grammer and spelling on a forum means anything to you is indicative of your personality or lack of.

My opinions towards foreign policy, poles eating fish or whatever are perfectly legitimate, if you agree with them or not makes no odds.

Il leave you to pick through this post, be sure to check for errors wont you. Keep it up big man!

If I recall, didnt we once disagree on the quality of reels?

tony - again, Im simply in awe of your superior intellect. I never assumed I was the only one with a degree and I dont see what academic qualifications have got to do with anything. At the end of the day, the very fact that punctuation, grammer and spelling on a forum means anything to you is indicative of your personality or lack of.

My opinions towards foreign policy, poles eating fish or whatever are perfectly legitimate, if you agree with them or not makes no odds.

Il leave you to pick through this post, be sure to check for errors wont you. Keep it up big man!

If I recall, didnt we once disagree on the quality of reels?

Zed, why are you the one who persists in bringing the 'degree' issue up?

Reading through the posts, both Tony and yourself have agreed that they are of no importance on the forum. So carrying on with the petty name calling, is not doing any good to either your stated opinions, or your reputation on here.

Just the unbiased views of someone standing in the wings, watching the performance. :)

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Zeddy boy

"If I recall, didn't we once disagree on the quality of reels?"

For all it has got to do with it I thought we ended up agreeing on the one about Baitrunners and reserving our positions over the centrepins.

But why you need to bring my personality or the lack of it into an argument, when you do not even know me, is beyond me!!!!

Edited by Tony U

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

The reason the majority of people are up in arms over "immigrants" is because there are so many of them flooding into the country and have more rights than the TRUE british person.

Immigrants have started to get more coverage on the TV now as it is such a problem. I think Panorama is about immigrants tonight.

WTF is a 'TRUE british person'?

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Old chap, a true british person is one who stands for the national anthem, refuses to work, claims all the benefits under the sun, drinks stella and gives the wife the occasional well-deserved slap. Tally ho!

I thought this was about killing coarse fish? I still haven't had any criticisms about my behaviour (see earlier post). Curious :)

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Probably one who firmly believes that they can date their ancestry in this country back to before the Norman Conquest, but whose DNA proves that they come from Eastern European Gypsy stock (as seen in a TV documentary not so long ago).

Well I am? And I think most people who aren`t here for an argument pretty much know what he means.Problem is most people here know what the subject matter is but would rather get into arguments about spelling,grammer,wether its england or scotland or pretty much any piddling little thing.The point is this country(please yourself which one you pick,most people know what I`m talking about)is too small for the number of people in it.Lots of people coming to this country are not only blatently ignoring rules,customs whatever lots of them are trying to destroy it.

I`m 43 and a true english person,I didn`t used to be racist but I am now,I don`t want my true english grand kids blown up,I don`t want them living on the streets,I`d like them to have nice affordable housing not built on flood plains.I`d like them to be able to go for a walk in the country.I`m not asking for much,just an ordinary life.Lots of people want the same,if I could afford it I`d do the same as the ex pats,I`d take my wealth,I`d sell my house,I`d take my family and I`d buy a nice affordable house in a nice country that won`t be overwhelmed with cheap foriegn labour and leave my country to the people who want to come to it with nothing.

Unfortunately I`m stuck here,it`s not a particularly nice place to live anymore but i`m stuck with it,and its only going to get worse.To quote the latest political views 15 more years of living in fear,I think in 15 years they`ll be saying another 50 or so.

Guest Rabbit
Probably one who firmly believes that they can date their ancestry in this country back to before the Norman Conquest, but whose DNA proves that they come from Eastern European Gypsy stock (as seen in a TV documentary not so long ago).

There you are then Tigger your a gypsy, I just knew it I bloody knew it :clap2: