Camping TV's

matty49

Not quite, mate. The road is 82 km (50 miles) dead straight at one section, a 3 km curve, then another 56 km straight. :D

Actually, there are television repeater station towers every 30 km where people pull over for a break from driving and for overnight stops.

i watched a news item the other night about the top end and the coal carriers waiting to load.

Film was taken from a plane, it was like looking at currants in a bun there were that many ships. Then the guy being interviewed said we really need to look at upgrading the rail line. Duh, they will probably be still saying that in the next 10 years. Shame really when you think of the export dollars we are losing out on.

my mind not only wanders-- sometimes it leaves completely.

Updated 7/3/09

http://sites.google.com/site/pomfred/

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i watched a news item the other night about the top end and the coal carriers waiting to load.

Film was taken from a plane, it was like looking at currants in a bun there were that many ships. Then the guy being interviewed said we really need to look at upgrading the rail line. Duh, they will probably be still saying that in the next 10 years. Shame really when you think of the export dollars we are losing out on.

Digressing a bit, but that would have been the Hay Point Coal Loading Terminal, near Mackay. And, yes, they are losing millions each year. Greatest number of coal tankers I have seen there, waiting to load, was 35......

ocker-anim.gifROO.gif

Cheers, Bobj.

But what are you going to do when the signal goes digital?

buy a feeview box and hope

ps excellent digital signal in folkestone

just saw a cool lookind dvd player with inbuilt freeview and a external battery on a shopping channel £99

No need, now that they've got these on Maplins for £80. Looks like the digital version of what me and Norrie have got.

Ian

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you"